I've been booted off the Slow Campus Network twice already~~

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
28,578
3
81
Not anymore :)

I bought myself a wireless card for my Desktop PC.

now if they boot me off, I can use my wireless connection and connect using the Campus wireless signal :)

How can I increase the signal in my room ?


I was defintely getting the RU Screw, with a slow ass net connection. Some of you like Adul and few others know what i'm talking about cuz I rant to them nefs from time to time :)

Wireless Adapter is a sure savior to the frustrating pron downloads :)

 

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
20,860
1
81
I'm going to inform the psychopathic killer outside my door that I'm ready to die now.
 

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
26,107
4
81
lol, atleast you found a way to get it to work

Boot as in dropped connection, a problem with connection, or you were doing something you shouldn't have been so they boot you off?
 

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
28,578
3
81
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
lol, atleast you found a way to get it to work

Boot as in dropped connection, a problem with connection, or you were doing something you shouldn't have been so they boot you off?

They boot you from the network if you go over the bandwidth limit. Wireless is totally different from the regular bandwidth thank goodness.
Plus my dorm network connection = piss poor

my wireless is semi decent. Half megabit :disgust:
Does the increase in wireless signal = faster speed ? Currently i only have 2 bars.
 

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
28,578
3
81
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
antenna will increase it

The usb networking card already has a antenna on it.

depending on how i place the thing it goes from like 1 bar to 4 bars. 4 Bars meaning in the middle of the room :(

I have it mounted on the wall with double sided tape and i'm getting 2 bars.
 

CaseTragedy

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2000
2,690
0
0
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
antenna will increase it

The usb networking card already has a antenna on it.

depending on how i place the thing it goes from like 1 bar to 4 bars. 4 Bars meaning in the middle of the room :(

I have it mounted on the wall with double sided tape and i'm getting 2 bars.
i was thinking more like this
 

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
28,578
3
81
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
antenna will increase it

The usb networking card already has a antenna on it.

depending on how i place the thing it goes from like 1 bar to 4 bars. 4 Bars meaning in the middle of the room :(

I have it mounted on the wall with double sided tape and i'm getting 2 bars.
i was thinking more like this

I need something that'll pick up signal. I'm using the library, and the dining hall's wireless lan signals :(
sad to say it's about 80 yards away.

I have no way of connecting it to their antennas
 

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
28,578
3
81
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
text

connect one to yer card.

lol those are mad money ;)

I am gonna search and see if I can make something out of coffee cans and tin foil.
 

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
28,578
3
81
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: CaseTragedy
text

connect one to yer card.

lol those are mad money ;)

I am gonna search and see if I can make something out of coffee cans and tin foil.
sorry...thought you said "serious"
fine--link

edit: cheapo.

lol 500 for an antenna for a college student :)
I consider myself frugal ;)

I wonder if that antenna is legit :) Haha pringles can