I've always wondered why people are *absolutely* incapable of admitting that they are wrong on the intarwebs...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: dug777
I'm super serial here, people never ever seem capable of seeing the other side of an argument or, heaven forbid, admitting that they are wrong...but i have to assume they don't try the same trick with their wife, or their boss, since most of them claim to still have said wife/job...

My somewhat cynical conclusion is that the intarwebs is their only chance to be 'the man', which apparently means 'behave like argumentative kids who cannot admit they could possibly be wrong', and that they actually act like rational human beings in their interactions with people IRL...

Anyway, that wasted a few minutes of study, so i'll get back to it now ;)
Is this a call out of Amused?

Sublime.

imported_goku

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2004
Originally posted by: dug777
I'm super serial here, people never ever seem capable of seeing the other side of an argument or, heaven forbid, admitting that they are wrong...but i have to assume they don't try the same trick with their wife, or their boss, since most of them claim to still have said wife/job...

My somewhat cynical conclusion is that the intarwebs is their only chance to be 'the man', which apparently means 'behave like argumentative kids who cannot admit they could possibly be wrong', and that they actually act like rational human beings in their interactions with people IRL...

Anyway, that wasted a few minutes of study, so i'll get back to it now ;)

Love ya dug, especially that quip you put in your topic summary. :rofl;