ive always had this dream...

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
i have had this dream many nights for years now.

i am in one situation or another, and my teeth really hurt or cant close my mouth right or something to do with my mouth, and then i reach in and rip out some of my bottome teeth, sometime one, sometimes many. another times i fall or i get hit and i loose teeth, sometimes theres blood sometimes there isnt, but there is never any pain, and after i loose my teeth i can close my mouth and i usually feel relieved and like a weight was taken off my chest. also its always my bottom teeth never the top.

any thouhgts?

dam()

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I have never had a recurring dream, in fact I rarely even dream anything that I can remember anymore. I feel left out. Everyone else has all these dreams, but I don't.

What the dream means is obvious. Your teeth are holding you back. Get rid of them and your life will improve drastically.

~zonker~

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
http://www.shpm.com/qa/qadream/qadream2.html

<< Many of us have been the victim of tooth-lose dreams and have carried this concern into the morning.
Here's a quote:

&quot;Tooth dreams are open to many interpretations and have been handled successfully by very
few of the modern dream interpreters.&quot;

This was written in the 2nd Century by the ancient interpreter, Artemidorus. Even the Vedas and texts
2000 years BC talk about tooth dreams. So you can see there is a long history of confusion. Freud and
Jung explored the possibilities of tooth loss and hysteria, but modern dream interpreters take a different
approach that is more direct.

What, we can ask ourselves, do teeth do? They hold, cut, grasp and generally are the first way we had to
do these things. But then we lost our first set, just as we were gaining in self-control and power. And yet,
shortly thereafter, a new and larger world and set of teeth appear!
And so, if I have a tooth lose dream, I can ask myself:

1. What parts of my world and life are slipping away?
2. What new larger world will this lead me too?

Lose a tooth, gain a world!
>>

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
ROFLAMO

what a bunch of bullsh1t

Sometimes a dream is just a rose... ummm... that's not it...

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
interesting, anyone know of where i can find other interpretations?

dam()

Chucky

Oct 11, 1999
I've been trying to search this over the Chinese sites but no luck so far. I'll keep on searching sometimes tomorrow.

RentaCow

Oct 10, 1999
ltk00, You do dream every single night. You just don't remember them when you wake up most of the time.

Dreaming occurrs during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Everyone enters REM sleep nightly. There are different stages/cycles you go through while sleeping. I think there is like 6 different stages (one of which is REM sleep), and you go through one entire cycle in approximately three hours.

In other words, so long as you sleep for about three hours you are almost gauranteed to enter REM sleep and therefore start dreaming.

Your eyes move in your sleep (even though you are otherwise totally paralyzed temporarily) during &quot;REM&quot; sleep because you are dreaming. Your eyes move around as if you were trying to look at the different stuff in your dream.

So, ltk007, you DO dream, and you can also learn how to remember them.

As I recall, people spend about 1/8 (!) of their entire lives (hours spent as living human being on Earth) dreaming...

From my experience, the easiest way to learn how to remember your dreams is simply to make certain that is the VERY first thing you think about when you wake up in the morning. Try to recall your dreams immediately upon the very second you gain the ability to control what your mind thinks about. You will likely remember at least something from your dreams.

If might be helpful to keep a logbook near your bed so that you can record whatever you can recall from them.

Of course, alarm clocks make it allot harder to remember what you were dreaming about. Usually the first thing you think about when you wake up to your alarm clock is that you want to shut it off. That of course, prohibits you from recalling what you were dreaming about...

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
I dream about the same women every night, sometimes she's just an extra in the dream, or the main character but she's always there.

Did you know you can control what you dream about? You can even control the actions of characters in your dreams. This takes allot of mental concentration. It took me about three years to acomplish, but right now I can control every aspect of my dreams. Pretty funky.

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
yeah ive been able to control my dreams for some time now, but i rather not, since i kinda like the whole randomness of my dreams, all in all, ppl believe that you shouldnt mess around or alter you dreams maybe they are trying to tell you something :Q

dam()

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
hmm, my dreams are still confusing me to this day, here it goes:

i'm an arabian horserider (yep, aladin type of thing) and i'm riding down this long dark tunnel along with 3 other riders. we end up at the end of the tunnel, and there stands a large palace (aladin comes to mind once again). i enter the castle, and somehow i get some sort of mission, which is to steal the queen's baby. we succeed, and exit the palace. then everything transforms. i see lots of black cars (trucks, suburbans) and a large man dressed in black takes away the baby i just stole. then i see Rick Moranis (yep, that's it, the guy from honey i shrunk the kids) and i step into his car which appears to be a ferarri. i get in, and the kids from the movie are in there too. the car also has a handlebar on the top, so i rode it. then, i drove to the fish store, and rick and the family go inside, while i wait outside. he then emerges as my uncle, and we go home. weird thing is is that that the fish store is on a real street where i live, there just isn't a real fish store there.

well, this story is completely true. i still don't understand any of it. strange....

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I know that I dream, that is why I said that I don't remember them. You only remember the last dream you have if you remember any at all. I think the average dream lasts 20 sec (that might have been posted on this thread I forget)

Virgo

Jun 18, 2000
Has anyone ever had any dreams that that can fly?I dream about flying a lot sometimes and I LOVE IT!IT is SOOOO FUN!!I hope I get to fly tonight some time! :D

Imaginer

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Flying dreams are fun! But the arms must be spread though. ;)

But sometimes, you are suddenly warped to a different area. Maybe good or bad.

Susan

Oct 9, 1999
I have, Virgo. Seems that my flying ability in the dream wears off the closer I come to waking.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
I had a dream where I was this fish in a fish tank. But then I had an epiphany (as a fish mind you) and decided that I didn't want to be a fish anymore so I broke through the glass and became a man once again. Then I had to chase someone down and beat him with my magical cube, not sure what that meant though. :)

RentaCow

Oct 10, 1999
I dream I can fly occassionally. But only about three feet off the ground. The really neat thing is that I can move very fast without putting any effort into making my legs do anything.

I had an interesting dream one time where I was going undercover and doing some sort of recon mission in a highly fortified enemy building. I was going in with a couple of teammates, but we quickly got seperated. I was just by myself in this dark building and then I saw someone come around a corner to me. I could swear they were one of my teammates, but I was wrong.

The dude (come to think of it I believe they were female) produced a gun and proceeded to shoot me right through the heart. I then started to black out.

It was then that I became lucid and realized that this couldn't be real. But then I thought, wait a minute, this isn't such a good thing dieing in a dream. So I proceeded to wake myself up. Very peculiar feeling indeed. While asleep the &quot;real&quot; world appears entirely silent, and you don't feel anything from the &quot;real&quot; world. Then all of a sudden like a ton of bricks I started hearing things and really felt like crap (since I had not slept enough, but was truely tired).

Strange experience... A neat little adrenaline rush in a quasi-reality...

Virgo

Jun 18, 2000
I once dreamed that my fantasy man stabbed me in the guts with a huge knife.It was sooo painful that I woke up immediately and was scared to go back to sleep for a few days!