iTunes Full screen visualizer and dual monitors

Discussion in 'All Things Apple' started by leglez, Feb 27, 2009.

1. leglez

leglez Platinum Member

I have been wondering this for a few days. I have dual monitors, a 24" Dell, and my 65" TV, I right now just maximize my itunes on the 65" and turn the visualizer on. I prefer when it is full screen, but then it blacks out my 24", is there anyway to go full screen without blacking out the other?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - iTunes Full screen Forum Date
    itunes m4p to mp3??? All Things Apple Apr 26, 2017
    iTunes alternative for syncing with Outlook All Things Apple Mar 28, 2017
    Stopping itunes Automatic Backup All Things Apple Mar 13, 2017
    iTunes no longer plays artists top songs in order All Things Apple Sep 3, 2016
    Full size wireless keyboard that works on both Mac and windows bootcamp All Things Apple Sep 3, 2015

3. ChAoTiCpInOy

ChAoTiCpInOy Diamond Member

Very interested in the answer to this post...

4. Redfraggle

Redfraggle Platinum Member

Hm...well, on my Mac, I just turn on mirroring. I'm not sure where you could do the same in windows. Sometimes I had to select different resolutions to get what I wanted, but always worked.

5. Redfraggle

I've tried playing around with Windows, and asked somebody. If you hook up the second display, what kind of options are in "displays" in your control panel?

6. leglez

leglez Platinum Member

Oh sorry I am on OSX also. I am not really interested in mirroring. I want to be able to work on my 24", while have visuals going on the 65".

7. Redfraggle

Look in system preferences under monitors. I can't access my mac right now, because it's dead, so I'm on Windows. I think that's where you'll find your setting you need. Using more than one monitor is possible with OSX, afaik, but I'm not sure you'll get it to do the full screen thing on one and not the other.

8. leglez

leglez Platinum Member

I think everyone is misunderstanding the question. I have a fully working setup, my 24" and 65" work perfect, no problems whatsoever. Just wanting to see if I can make the visualizer in itunes go full screen on the 65" while I am doing other stuff on the 24". Currently if I do that it makes the 24" go black. So I have to just maximize the itunes window and turn the visualizer on, It has a silver border around it which I want to get rid of.

9. Redfraggle

Without some sort of hack, I think the answer is no because of how the full screen option works. You might try checking apple's knowledge database and app download pages.