It's Time to Pray Again

Nessoldaccount

Jun 4, 2000
I can't believe it was a year ago on the old forums that I asked everyone to please pray on behalf of everyone returning to school this week. It is a sad, sad time. Why does it have to end this way? Whyyyyyyyyy?

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I am praying. Praying that the bus gets here on time to get my kids, woohoo!!!! :D

Oh sorry, suppose you did not want to hear that.... ;)

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
All I got to say is enjoy it while it lasts. Compared to the real world, school is a breeze. It's something that you won't understand until you hit your late 20's early 30's and realize how easy you had it back then.

If your young, living at home and attending High School or something along that line, take time to appreciate all the little things around you. Once you finish your education, move away from home and become a productive member of society, things change. Friends move away to start careers, families may stick together, or they may fall apart.

All those cute girls wandering around the school halls will grow up into women, get married and drop of the face of the earth. Soon you will meet someone special, fall in love, get married, buy a house and a mini-van and have a couple of children. You will now have responsibility over an entire family of your own. Life will throw you curve-balls. Some you will be able to duck, others will hit you square in the jaw. At that time you will reflect back to your youth when all you had to worry about was school. It will bring back a fond reminder. Enjoy it while it lasts my friend.

soup or man

Jan 17, 2000
thanks for the advice Rudee. im a senior in HS this year...its kind of a strange time for me(no not that kind :|) i don't really want to grow up...but i also do. So i just sit here, and enjoy my life. i just came back from a camping trip with my girlfriend and other friends. i had a lot of time to think about how good i have it, it's gonna be hard to give it up.

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000

<< yeah pray for me not to kill myself. >>

You should probably do the same for me now that I've read Rudee's post...:(

;)

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000
Ditto to Rudee's comments. Life gets better after college and such, but many more responsibilities and headaches.

How about a prayer for all of us working at least one job, sometimes two jobs to make all the loose ends meet in a balanced checkbook at the end of the month.

You think your parents or professors at college are rough on you , wait till you get a couple of slave-driving bosses.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Hmm...

I don't go back to school tomorrow. In fact, I don't go back to school Wednesday either. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I'll sit at home, sleeping, playing on the 'net, &amp; talking on the phone. Next Sunday I'll be back at work.

Do you hate me?

;)

Viper GTS

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I don't believe it necessarily gets harder after school. Just new problems. Everyone always looks back at how life was easier years ago. Even young children have problems that may seem small to us, but to them they seem large. Everything is perspective. I remember some of the social pressures of high school were huge compared to college. Everything looks good in retrospect.

~zonker~

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2000
Add to this perpective our tendancy to forget the bad things and remember the good ones. I'm headed back to school this Thursday after 16 years in the work force, all prayers are welcome and appreciated ;)

xero

May 1, 2000
i've been in school since august 16th...

im a senior in high school....

im tired of school...im ready to leave..but like soup or man said, im not ready.....you know?

i've had a job ever since i was 16...so working summers full time and school part time, im used to work....its hard, long hours, but i know it needs to be done, and it gets my bills paid (insurance, gas, anything else i want) and it keeps me outta trouble..

i've already gone through a drug ordeal that's finally over...and im once again happy....but im not ready for the real world.... im not ready to be an adult..i wanna sleep :(

i wanna g/f...i dont like being lonely... :(

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
I don't start school until the 25th. Unfortunately, I also go to school until the first or second week of June.