It's time to hunt down all these rat bastard virus writers

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
and tie them to a pole, kick them in the nuts every 5 minutes, force them to Watch Live with Regis & Kelly all day, feed them nothing but garden burgers and Metamucial, then shove a cork up their ass so they eventually back up and explode. Sorry ass pieces of monkey dung need to be wiped from the planet.....

Anyone with me?

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: shinerburke
and tie them to a pole, kick them in the nuts every 5 minutes, force them to Watch Live with Regis & Kelly all day, feed them nothing but garden burgers and Metamucial, then shove a cork up their ass so they eventually back up and explode. Sorry ass pieces of monkey dung need to be wiped from the planet.....

Anyone with me?

shinerburke, most of the virus coders can be found here & here if rumor holds true :p

jfall

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2000
Computers probably wouldn't be near as secure if there weren't hackers testing the boundaries

Kntx

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: jfall
Computers probably wouldn't be near as secure if there weren't hackers testing the boundaries

yea well... if it wasn't for hackers... who would computers need to be secure from??

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Kntx
Originally posted by: jfall
yea well... if it wasn't for hackers... who would computers need to be secure from??
If it weren't for the bad coding, there wouldn't be hackers.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I'm sick and tired of dealing with this crap....we just finished getting 197 servers patched at work and patching close to 3000 workstations, which by the way isn't my team's job but the desktop team didn't stay on top of updates like they should or have any method of pushing patches on a regular basis, for the damn RPC vulnerability and now the return of Sobig is upon us. Not that we will be affected much....then again I'm sure we will see a few infections if for no other reason than that the upper upper management types refuse to disallow certain users, doctors, from using their AOL mail at work. Seems like every single freaking time there is a virus on the horizon we bust our asses patching everything, making sure anything dangerous is blocked, etc...and then some damn doc infects a workstation in the ER, Surgery, etc....because he was checking his AOL mail.

bubbadu

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein

Anyone with me?

shinerburke, most of the virus coders can be found here & here if rumor holds true :p

I hear ya Zim... those rat bastards got RICH off of this.... we have sold tons of norton and mcaffee this week at Staples.... its the perfect crime... create viruses and then force people to buy a new 50 dollar copy each year.

-Bubbadu

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
I'm sick and tired of dealing with this crap....we just finished getting 197 servers patched at work and patching close to 3000 workstations, which by the way isn't my team's job but the desktop team didn't stay on top of updates like they should or have any method of pushing patches on a regular basis, for the damn RPC vulnerability and now the return of Sobig is upon us. Not that we will be affected much....then again I'm sure we will see a few infections if for no other reason than that the upper upper management types refuse to disallow certain users, doctors, from using their AOL mail at work. Seems like every single freaking time there is a virus on the horizon we bust our asses patching everything, making sure anything dangerous is blocked, etc...and then some damn doc infects a workstation in the ER, Surgery, etc....because he was checking his AOL mail.
Have you looked at SUS?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: her209
Have you looked at SUS?
Yep...but guess what....we didn't get the ok to do it from the upper upper management types. I manage the Server Engineering Group, but since we are all contractors we get our strategic directions from the company we are on site with. In the end politics almost always leaves us open for a big screw because someone up top didn't take the threat seriously or want to spend the $ to really tighten things up.