It's time for ice hockey

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Hmm, convenient for a Patriots fan to omit football's "dynastic" cheater team. :D

Don't worry, I doubt there will be any bite this year because there will be no Bruins-Habs games to discuss.
Maybe it's the quarantine mind melt, but what???

Red Sox vs. MAY'S
Celtics vs. Lakers
Patriots vs. Jets

I think I covered the important New England teams... the Revolution don't count...

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Thanks for the link ... surprisingly I've heard zero about this until now.
You'd probably never would have notice given the configuration of the East is totally conventional for your Rangers.

Most interesting in the Central, because there is where there is a lot of intermingling between traditional Western and Eastern Conference teams. It actually is far more sensible geographically than the usual configuration.

The Canada-only division should generate plenty of new hate between players of each respective Canadian team. Lots of 2 or 3 consecutive games is perfect for breeding contempt and a quasi-playoff atmosphere.

Reactions: Captante

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I want to learn how to skate. I am not just bad...but.....horrible bad. :p

I could skate great....forwards. I was actually really fast; could outstate all of my friends easily,

But every time I tried to turn and skate backwards I'd fall on my ass hard. I never could get it. The lack of a coach probably had something to do with it.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I could skate great....forwards. I was actually really fast; could outstate all of my friends easily,

But every time I tried to turn and skate backwards I'd fall on my ass hard. I never could get it. The lack of a coach probably had something to do with it.

I'm still a decent skater even though I have not been in a couple years.

Only problem is that my CCM skates hurt my feet now and I really need a new pair but all the really comfortable ones are very expensive. Tough to justify when they get used like twice a year.

dasherHampton

Platinum Member
Jan 19, 2018
I'm still a decent skater even though I have not been in a couple years.

Only problem is that my CCM skates hurt my feet now and I really need a new pair but all the really comfortable ones are very expensive. Tough to justify when they get used like twice a year.

Well, you sort of have to consider: how much longer is my hockey "career"? A couple of decades?

If so I think I'd spring for the new skates. We all fritter away money on silly things and that doesn't even seem like a silly thing. Who knows? You might skate more because of the new skates.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm a habs fan but I secretly also cheer for the leafs. It's kinda like when you're watching a NASCAR race, you start to feel bad for the car that's been overlapped a few times and hope he can somehow pickup steam and finish second last. :p

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I'm a habs fan but I secretly also cheer for the leafs. It's kinda like when you're watching a NASCAR race, you start to feel bad for the car that's been overlapped a few times and hope he can somehow pickup steam and finish second last. :p

I honestly root for every Canadian team. Makes me sad they never win the finals anymore.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
My favourite team is the one that plays the leafs....and the dead wings