It's time for ice hockey

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Go Habs Go!

I love old school intros, something oddly nostalgic about them, even ones that are before my time. My dad probably has a lot of those old games on VHS at home actually. He used to record like every game. Now not so much, kinda hard to archive TV stuff now days. I set him up with a HDMI capture box that can put it on USB though. Closest thing to a VCR now days.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Point of order, it's just called Hockey.

iu

Here's some lads playing hockey

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Sadly my beloved Rangers look to be going nowhere. :(

Looks like I'll need to adopt the "Ice-landers" again. ;)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Go Habs Go!

I love old school intros, something oddly nostalgic about them, even ones that are before my time. My dad probably has a lot of those old games on VHS at home actually. He used to record like every game. Now not so much, kinda hard to archive TV stuff now days. I set him up with a HDMI capture box that can put it on USB though. Closest thing to a VCR now days.
I am also a Habs fan, but a rather unusual one because I started off as a Caps fan. I committed "treason" after the summer of the great upset of the Washington in 2009-2010. I got to see Lars Eller develop as a Hab and ultimately writing the ending to the story of the Capitals successful pursuit of a Cup, much to my enormous chagrin. Since I was still a Washington football fan, I was double displeased that two teams I hated won their respective championship, although the blow was lessened since I wasn't watching games that year.

It didn't take long to get me adopting the new paradigm and hating the usual Habs rivals, especially the Bruins. The Max Pacioretty stanchion hit really got the juice flowing.

Also American, Asian, never set foot in Canada. So yeah, not a usual Habs fan.

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm just happy there's no more Don Cherry on HNIC

It's not the same without him IMO. The fact that he was ousted for simply saying "you people" shows how sensitive the world has become and it's a sad state of affairs really. He was a very opinionated man and I can see people not agree with him but actually forcing him out was a bit much.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It's not the same without him IMO. The fact that he was ousted for simply saying "you people" shows how sensitive the world has become and it's a sad state of affairs really. He was a very opinionated man and I can see people not agree with him but actually forcing him out was a bit much.
nah that was just the tip of the iceberg, he'd been told in the past to cool it , how many times do you warn a man before getting rid of him?

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Good lord there are to many Habs fans here for a Bruins fan to tolerate... The Habs are right up there with the Yankees, Lakers, and Jets as teams I loathe....
Hmm, convenient for a Patriots fan to omit football's "dynastic" cheater team. :D

Don't worry, I doubt there will be any bite this year because there will be no Bruins-Habs games to discuss.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

Lol. He was a racist waiting to be fired. That was just the last straw.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Lol. He was a racist waiting to be fired. That was just the last straw.
Hockey is the sport where Canadian xenophobia manifests itself like wild among portions of fans, coaches, management, etc.

It was interesting however, that Canadian state television let his presence stay there for an eternity.

Reactions: KMFJD