It's time again ....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
Office bitches don't deserve sun. The time should be standardized so the sun's at the highest point at noon during the summer solstice, and then left alone. That's the only sensible, and technically(the best kind) correct way to do it.

time zone don't even matter for sun

i've been writing code for 12+ hours a day for months, sometimes 16 hours

so no sun for me

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Even on an 8 hour shift it's dark before work and after work for a good part of the year. That's why I try to ask for more 12h shifts so I get more days off. On days off I try to get some sun and go for walks. Also need blue light for seratonin production so just taking vitamin D tablets is not enough on it's own. You get that light from regular day light but as a compromise you can use SAD lights or 6500k T8 bulbs as general lighting. Don't want those at night though.

I also try to remember to expose my skin to some UVB light once in a while, that wavelength generates vitamin D. Taking it orally is one thing but it's probably better when you get it "naturally". Only need like 10 min max. I did it for too long a while back and actually got a minor sunburn. At least I know the light works...

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's why I like working more 12h shifts, I get lot of days off. I don't really feel like doing anything after a full day of work, especially knowing I need to go to bed early. I save that for days where I actually have the whole day off.

Nov 17, 2019
The people that want maximum sun after work should get a 3rd shift job! :p
I did.

I worked 10PM to 8AM for a number of years.

Either went to town, or stayed home and did yard work before it got hot. By 1 or 2PM I was done and sacked out to get up by 9PM to go to work.

Only did 4 days though, so the other three were all mine.

I still can't sleep worth a crap overnight.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm annoyed that it's 2022 and I still own some clocks that need to be manually changed. Including the one on my car. WTF, Kia... they have these things called computers now!
In my VW, it's a checkbox in the Date/Time menu (makes sense since it doesn't know whether you live somewhere that observes DST).
time zone don't even matter for sun

i've been writing code for 12+ hours a day for months, sometimes 16 hours

so no sun for me
When you're President, you won't have to do that anymore :blush:

Reactions: brianmanahan

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
That's good news, sounds like it's done at fed level? Means we might see it happen here in Canada too. Trying to do it at state/province level is just so inefficient. Just do it at fed level so it's across the board and be done with it.