It's Thursday - Time to get drunk and call in sick!

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
The Yeah Yeah Yeah's are playing on Winamp, the Stella in my hand is quickly depleting, and the smile on my face is slowly growing.

I won't be going to work tomorrow morning. Say hello to a three day weekend.

I'm mad for it. Who else is having it?

ISAslot

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Y Control? I think I'll put some of that on right now myself. :)

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Lol. This reminded me of the time when I worked at Target. Some friends and I were partying on my night off, and my boss called (like midnight, I worked the night shift). He's like hey hows it going, Im like great. So, do you think you could come in tonight? We are short of people, some called off sick. I said, well, I've had about 10 beers in an hour, but I guess I could try to drive there. I forget the rest but it was pretty funny.

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
Call up work and tell them you have anal glaucoma... when they ask what that is tell them "I can't see my butt making it to work". LOL

:beer: :D

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Crazyfool
Call up work and tell them you have anal glaucoma... when they ask what that is tell them "I can't see my butt making it to work". LOL

good'un! :p

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Many cans of Stella later, the smile continues to grow. The Strokes are rocking my Winamp and I'm getting ready to head out the door.

Cheers to skiving off work!

:beer::):beer:

TheBDB

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Crazyfool

lol

TonyG

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2000
Sitting here drinking a coke and rum, probably going to break out the bottle of Tuaca here shortly, drink some straight shots of it here shortly...

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
ahh hell...I havent drank in 3 weeks, the kid is at his mom's house, and I really hate my job.

Should I???????

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GoodDad
ahh hell...I havent drank in 3 weeks, the kid is at his mom's house, and I really hate my job.

Should I???????
YES! ;)

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: dxkj
Lol. This reminded me of the time when I worked at Target. Some friends and I were partying on my night off, and my boss called (like midnight, I worked the night shift). He's like hey hows it going, Im like great. So, do you think you could come in tonight? We are short of people, some called off sick. I said, well, I've had about 10 beers in an hour, but I guess I could try to drive there. I forget the rest but it was pretty funny.

Drinking and driving = :|

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: PhasmatisNox
Originally posted by: dxkj

Drinking and driving = :|

I agree. I had to one time though. I was manager of a restaurant and the alarm company called at about 1 am on one of my nights off. I had more than my share of beer in me and the lady is telling me that I have to go up and shut off the alarm. I tell her my situation and she puts me on hold. She tells me to go up there and everything will be ok. I am leary because I know that the police will be up there when I get there. Anyways I head up there and sure enough there are 2 cop cars in the parking lot. I get out of my car and unlock the door. The cops go in, do there little search, and come out. We check the tape to see what set off the alarm and it was just some guy rattling the doors. So the cops get my ID (I figure this is the part where I go to jail) and head off to their cars. One of them comes back and tells me that I can go, but they are going to make sure I get home safe. They followed me all the way home.

I guess even the cops know that some things cant be helped.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
i wish i could

too much work, its fun though, very interesting stuff at work :D