It's the beginning of the end of Saddam's Rule!

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Some sort of police force needs to be started. Rioting & looting are no good for anyone.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: MooseKnuckle
The Iraqi people want to be free...Newly liberated Iraqis!

That's a mean swing, is it possible that guy might play for the Yankees someday?

Very funny. There's a guy getting beaten with a baseball bat. What entertainment. See how the man with the baseball bat wrests his freedom from the unarmed guy lying prostrate on the ground. "Give me my freedom" he hollers as he swings again. The rest of the freedom fighters stand around and watch, while one traitor to the cause puts his hands up trying to discourage more freedom fighting.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
"You have murdered my parents, tortured my brothers, raped my sisters, enslaved and imprisoned my nieghbors and dismembered my children! You gassed my cousins, and held this country hostage for ages! And now I am being chastized for beating you with a big stick! Curse this freedom and will to live!"

43st

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Originally posted by: mastertech01
"You have murdered my parents, tortured my brothers, raped my sisters, enslaved and imprisoned my nieghbors and dismembered my children! You gassed my cousins, and held this country hostage for ages! And now I am being chastized for beating you with a big stick! Curse this freedom and will to live!"

Yup... all for being "suspected". No justice, good plan.
rolleye.gif

mastertech01

Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Thera

rolleye.gif

That is the reporters words.. they know who the enemy is. Live under thier thumb for ages and then judge.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: yowolabi

That's a mean swing, is it possible that guy might play for the Yankees someday?

Very funny. There's a guy getting beaten with a baseball bat. What entertainment. See how the man with the baseball bat wrests his freedom from the unarmed guy lying prostrate on the ground. "Give me my freedom" he hollers as he swings again. The rest of the freedom fighters stand around and watch, while one traitor to the cause puts his hands up trying to discourage more freedom fighting.

"A man, suspected of being a Fedayeen member, is beaten by a group residents on the streets of Basra, Iraq (news - web sites) Tuesday April 8, 2003. (AP Photo/Jon Mills, Pool)"

I'm pretty sure he gave them a good reason to remember his face. If he is not one of them there is no reason they could not have done this to him even under Saddam's rule, why did they wait until now? I'll bet he is being given a better chance than those he killed and tortured.

swifty3

Banned
Nov 24, 2001

rolleye.gif

That is the reporters words.. they know who the enemy is. Live under thier thumb for ages and then judge.

Perhaps you can tell us how to differentiate an Iraqi "crimianl, rapist, torturer, chemcial weapon distributor" from a normal Iraqi citizen.
Is their something that stands out about these kind of people that is easily seen? Can you identify someone like Ted Kazinski, Timothy Mcveigh, or Muhammad Attah just by seeing them walk down the street? Or are you just a patriotic, ignorant fool?

mastertech01

Nov 13, 1999
Originally posted by: swifty3

rolleye.gif

Perhaps you can tell us how to differentiate an Iraqi "crimianl, rapist, torturer, chemcial weapon distributor" from a normal Iraqi citizen.
Is their something that stands out about these kind of people that is easily seen? Can you identify someone like Ted Kazinski, Timothy Mcveigh, or Muhammad Attah just by seeing them walk down the street? Or are you just a patriotic, ignorant fool?

Name slinging now? I have not lived under the feet of the tyrant that they have endured, many since their very birth, thus I could not identify them as easily as you imply, however neither can you state that they have no way to tell. I am patriotic, served many years in our uniformed services and in combat for my country. Dont doubt for a minute I am patriotic, and hardly a fool. You however have no respect for individual opinion, and use insults to get your point thru, but I warn you not to tread on me, or you will be posting on your favorite 3rd world US hate site or somewhere other than here. I havent insulted anyone here and I will not be kicked around like you would love to see Saddam continue to do to the children of Iraq.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: swifty3

rolleye.gif

Pretty easy there mister..

Would you forget the face of a man that raped your wife or killed your family members or enslaved and tortured your children? Would you?

AND, next... if you had the opportunity to meet that person again UNDER EQUAL TERMS what would you do to them, call a Lawyer :Q

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
The vast majority of Iraqis. Agreed.

However, Most Arabs are complaing about the methods used.

It's the beginning of the end of Saddam's Rule!
Without ANY doubt. However, depending on how he goes out we may have a very high price to pay. Hopefully not.

READ THE CAPTION: A man, suspected of being a Fedayeen member, is beaten by a group residents on the streets of Basra, They DO want freedom and some are taking revenge. The British have centuries of invading countries and the US does well to copy their methods. ;)

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Alistar7
Originally posted by: yowolabi

"A man, suspected of being a Fedayeen member, is beaten by a group residents on the streets of Basra, Iraq (news - web sites) Tuesday April 8, 2003. (AP Photo/Jon Mills, Pool)"

I'm pretty sure he gave them a good reason to remember his face. If he is not one of them there is no reason they could not have done this to him even under Saddam's rule, why did they wait until now? I'll bet he is being given a better chance than those he killed and tortured.

All we know from the pictue is that one man is beating another with a baseball bat. He might be a torturer, or he might not be. If is a horrible person, he should be locked up in one of those prisons and then put on trial for his crimes. If they convict him, then they can give him whatever punishment they agree on. When the oppressed are freed from their oppressors, the first step isn't to take a bat to your former oppressors and return their cruelty in kind.

But we don't even know that for sure. This guy could be beating the other one because of a personal dispute. Maybe he slept with his wife. Even though people are standing around, no one else is assisting and one guy appears to be trying to stop the bat-wielder. I would submit that you should at least know for sure what a man's crimes are before you celebrate his beating.