It's sad, there have been SO many comic book movies lately...

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
... and NONE can touch what might have been the first, and is undoubtedly the greatest, comic book movie of ALL TIME!!!!!!

C'mon Hollywood, get your shiat in gear!!!

Reactions: Paladin3

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They keep talking about a good Howard The Duck movie, but it never happens.
They also keep talking about a new Spawn movie, one that doesnt suck. No word on that either.
After the HBO series ended abruptly there were loads of rumors they'd eventually start it up again. Never happened.
Maybe they know audiences are burned out and its too risky to start even more projects?

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
They are all terible. I saw Dora the Explorer and thought it was better than any comic book movie I;ve seen lately with the exception of Black Panther.

• Haha
Reactions: mopardude87

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
They are all terible. I saw Dora the Explorer and thought it was better than any comic book movie I;ve seen lately with the exception of Black Panther.

iron man and tobey maguire's spider-man 2 are still my favorites of all time.

and best clip of all time? well that's definitely this one from spider-man 3:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I am probably one of the 10 people who hasn't seen Endgame nor plans to. I'm bored to death of the Marvel universe. They completely over saturated the market. But it's printing money so I don't blame em at all.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I am probably one of the 10 people who hasn't seen Endgame nor plans to. I'm bored to death of the Marvel universe. They completely over saturated the market. But it's printing money so I don't blame em at all.
Its a well made film, and a fine conclusion to the saga.
I recommend you watch it eventually, just remember to take a break in the middle.

May 13, 2009
These movies are the new fast and furious for those that don't like cars. Mindless garbage for the easily entertained. Not watching any of them.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Its a well made film, and a fine conclusion to the saga.
I recommend you watch it eventually, just remember to take a break in the middle.
I don't care about the conclusion to the saga. I don't care about the middle of the saga nor remember it. The Avengers movies were not enjoyable to me. I preferred the origin stories of the single characters. Once it started to get to the 2nd and 3rd movies with the single characters, it started to get boring as shit to me.

Iron Man is definitely the best Marvel movie thus far. I also enjoyed Dr. Strange and Black Panther of recent movies, in part because I knew nothing of those characters and they were also origin stories. Captain America 2 was also one of my favorites partially because it caught me off guard as to how much I liked it and how boring of a super hero he is.

The Avengers movies are just a mish mash of dumb jokes with little focus. There is way too much going on in them for the type of movie it's supposed to be. I don't even remember how many of those movies there were now. I Just remember at the end of the second to last one Thanos vaporized like half the planet. That was enough of them for me.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Dude, I have said this a hundred times and you just dont fucking get it.

STOP HOLDING BACK! TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!

FaaR

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2007
and best clip of all time? well that's definitely this one from spider-man 3:
I never watched Spidertobey 3, but I really enjoyed Sam Rockwell's footwork in Iron Man 2. Hell, his entire performance in that movie carried the whole piece I thought. :)

Reactions: brianmanahan