It's On! Jesse Jackson VS Obama

StarsFan4Life

Golden Member
May 28, 2008
http://politicalticker.blogs.c...al-of-obama/#more-8505

So, Jesse Jackson....who is an ass when anything is said about him or the "Black" community, insults Obama when he thought the MIC was turned off!

Al Sharpton the middleman?

Trying to find the actual quotes - Hannity supposedly has them.

Posted: 04:25 PM ET

Jackson apologized for his comments about Obama Wednesday.
(CNN) ? The Rev. Jesse Jackson issued an apology to Barack Obama Wednesday for making what he called a "crude and hurtful" remark about the Illinois senator's recent comments directed toward some members of the black community.

According to Jackson, a Fox News microphone picked up comments he meant to deliver privately that seemed to disparage the presumptive Democratic nominee for appearing to lecture the black community on morality.

Jackson didn't elaborate on the context of his remarks, except to say he was trying to explain that Obama was hurting his relationship with black voters by recently conducting "moral" lectures at African-American churches.

Speaking to CNN Wednesday, Jackson said he feels "very distressed" over the comments.

"This is a sound bite in a broader conversation about urban policy and racial disparities. I feel very distressed because I'm supportive of this campaign and with the senator, what he has done and is doing," he said. "I said he comes down as speaking down to black people. The moral message must be a much broader message. What we need really is racial justice and urban policy and jobs and health care. That's a range of issues on the menu.

"Then I said something I regret was crude. It was very private. And very much a sound bite," he also said.

In a statement issued earlier Wednesday to CNN, Jackson said, "For any harm or hurt that this hot mic private conversation may have caused, I apologize. My support for Senator Obama?s campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal. I cherish this redemptive and historical moment."

Over the course of the campaign season, Obama has at times directed criticism directly to the black community, most sharply in a Chicago speech on Father's Day that criticized some men for failing in their duties as parents.

"They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it," Obama said then.

"You and I know how true this is in the African-American community. We know that more than half of all black children live in single-parent households, a number that has doubled ? doubled ? since we were children. We know the statistics: that children who grow up without a father are five times more likely to live in poverty and commit crime, nine times more likely to drop out of schools and twenty times more likely to end up in prison," he also said.

The Obama campaign had no immediate comment.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Meh, this just further shows Jackson as the tool everyone believes him to be. The modern Dr. Martin Luther King he is not.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I guess we can add "leaders" of the African American community to Republicans and Neoconservatives on the list of people who have a hard time hearing the truth.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
lol

Over the course of the campaign season, Obama has at times directed criticism directly to the black community, most sharply in a Chicago speech on Father's Day that criticized some men for failing in their duties as parents.

"They have abandoned their responsibilities, acting like boys instead of men. And the foundations of our families are weaker because of it," Obama said then.
I can't imagine why that would be a sore spot for Reverend Jackson.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I guess Jackson wasn't content on getting run over by the BHO bus just once and is looking for a second trip under the rubber.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: lupi
I guess Jackson wasn't content on getting run over by the BHO bus just once and is looking for a second trip under the rubber.

You act like some who's been jilted.

grohl

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2004
Nothing makes me laugh more than an African American "leader" who uses the n-word.

What a joke.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
An Obama presidency could spell the end for the stuff that Jackson and Sharpton use to make a living.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Sinsear
An Obama presidency could spell the end for the stuff that Jackson and Sharpton use to make a living.
LOL, that alone would be worth voting for Obama.:laugh:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
No big deal here. Especially if FOX(ed) news is making it out to be one...
Jackson simply expressed concerns he felt Obama is not reaching the black
voters in his speeches. Then he added a flip comment we all use
from time to time, maybe about our boss or neighbor.
But we are not being recorded word for word.

I wouldn?t even discuss the grocery bill with my spouse if Fox(ed) news was around.

RKDaley

Oct 27, 2007
Originally posted by: grohl
Nothing makes me laugh more than an African American "leader" who uses the n-word.

What a joke.

Are you referring to the word "nuts"?

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Obama is the worst thing ever to happen to Jackson's career of scamming the black community by calling everything racism..

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Jackson and Sharpton arent pleased when a democratic candidate doesnt have to kiss their collective ass, and line their pockets, while seeking the black vote.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Obama is the biggest enemy Jackson has. Jackson survives on racism. And an Obama victory = Blacks can reach the highest office in the land.

Veramocor

Mar 2, 2004
Or maybe Jackson said it to help Obama. Jesse Jackson is considered liberal, by some a 'race-bater' and is disliked by a portion of society. By him bashing Obama, the people who dislike Jackson will think "Well Obama is nothing like Jackson. He's less liberal and he doesn't represent the same racial politics of Jackson."

This can only help Obama.

Edit fixed italics

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
He wanted to cut his nuts off. Wow. Even I would never say that to another guy I hate. Your nuts is all you have in this world.

TipsyMcStagger

Sep 19, 2003
Doesn't surprise me. Both Jackson and Sharpton likely both hate Obama. Just use a little reasoning. Typically politicians go through Jackson and Sharpton to get votes from the black community. Now that there's an actually viable black presidential candidate these guys have absolutely no use.