IT'S ON!!! 04/22-04/24 LanParty in Douglasville, GA (West of Atlanta)

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
The Time for the next Lan at Karsten's has been set.
April 22-24
Mark your calenders!

The rules:

- You must be 16. 21 if you plan to have a drink (We plan to concentrate on gaming, not drinking)
- A working computer (for your benefit, try to make sure you computer doesn't crash every 5 min)
- A drink of your choice if you need something special. A cooler or two with Ice will be available
- Bring something to Grill or other snacks of your choice. I will provide some basics
- A sleeping bag if you decide to crash till Sun.
- There is a 25$ cover. That includes a Pizza run on Sat., raffle prizes and some drinks.
- Only register and say you come if you really know you can.

Games you will likely need, but are not a must:

- HL2
- Warhammer
- Call of Duty: United Offensive (Make sure you bring your COD Disk)
- Battlefield Vietnam (1942 MOD)
- Americas Army (Freeware, will be available at the Lan)

Register for the Lan here!

Official Webpage of the Lan

Feedback from Other LanPartys held by me:
Last Lan
Lan before that
And another
And this should do it

Prizes for this event (that are already sure)

- Computer Case
- T-Shirts
- Grand Prize BFG 6800 GT OC AGP
- CaseAce GearGrip Micro LT

more to come

Previous event prizes included:

DVD Burner
CD Burner
512MB Mushkin Ram
T-Shirts
Fans and Rounded Cables
bunch of other stuff!

Some pictures of one of the Lans

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: hollowman
Dang it! Why is it always in GA!!!! :|

Let's have one in DC/VA area. :)

Because there is only one Karsten and he doesn't live in the DC/VA area.

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
yes, karsten is the man and if he tried to move we'd have to intervene, and i don't personally have that kind of time on my hands. sticky!

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I wish Sacramento had sweet LAN parties like this. If I had the capability, I would definitely set one up.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
hmmm if i can find a friend to go, i might make the 4 1/2 hour road trip from Nashville... it sounds like fun :)

GoodToGo

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Unheard
hmmm if i can find a friend to go, i might make the 4 1/2 hour road trip from Nashville... it sounds like fun :)

Go down to Atlanta, you wont regret it! Karsten is the best LAN host there is :)

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Unheard

It's worth it! Would love to have you guys!

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just a little over two weeks till the Lan (17days)
Your chance to have some great fellowship and fun as well as win a 400$ Video card. Come on out!

SilentButDeadly

May 6, 2004
Oh man, I would love to go to this. I live in Cartersville, GA. (Bartow County), and it is very tempting. Me and a friend would go, but I really need to sell both my computers by April 22nd :( I have my senior prom on May 7th and Graduation is coming up soon, so I kind of need a little cash. I will have to ponder on this for a couple of days.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Looks like I am in for that weekend. Hoping to be able to get my system reformatted and set back up before this LP. Karsten's LANs are always a blast.

Just a note here to say Thank you to Karsten for opening up his home and allowing us to get together.

gandalph

Apr 3, 2005
I saw the headline and figured I might go since I live in Atlanta, but then I saw the date. Prom's on the 23rd, and somehow I'm going. With a date. I'm seriously considering the North Georgia LAN in July though. I guess there'll be one between now and then.

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Keep checking we usualy have em every 2-3 month. Sorry we will miss you!
(You could come out Fr.?!) ;)

surreal1221

Golden Member
Mar 12, 2005
Use to have a couple of LANs before I left GA down in the Peachtree City - Newnan area. Good times. If I didnt have any obligations up here I would certainly drive down and have a good time. I see you guys have them every 2-3 months. . .so, hopefully will see you guys then. Have a great time. - old website is still up surprisingly. . . lol http://www.geocities.com/galaslapp/ *good times. . . miss them lots*

ScrewFace

Banned
Sep 21, 2002
I'd like to go but I have no ride. Would you mind picking me up in Ontario, Canada? I'll give you $20 for gas (I know, I know, my generosity never ceases!).:)

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ScrewFace
I'd like to go but I have no ride. Would you mind picking me up in Ontario, Canada? I'll give you $20 for gas (I know, I know, my generosity never ceases!).:)

Sure, no problem. There will however be a hefty meal charge... I am thinking around 600-800$ (And that is US $) ;)

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Karsten

Sure, no problem. There will however be a hefty meal charge... I am thinking around 600-800$ (And that is US $) ;)

Oh, come on. Just send him a DL BP and be done with it. :p

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Originally posted by: Karsten

Oh, come on. Just send him a DL BP and be done with it. :p

Gasp... a buddy pass? The way Airline ticket prices are right now he can probably find a cheaper budget ticket and have a confirmed seat! :)