It's official, Trump broke the law withholding aid to Ukraine

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
For everyone using the excuse not to impeach Trump, no laws were broken, the government accounting office has concluded Trump violated the law

"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," the opinion said. "[The Office of Management and Budget] OMB withheld funds for a policy reason ... not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that the OMB violated the ICA [Impoundment Control Act]."

BTW - I'm surprised Fox covered this story. It's only the website but let's see if TV picks it up

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
OMB says Trump didn't break the law by breaking the law that the GAO cited broken. The OMB has no right to put anything above law.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
THIS is how republicans react...

RE: The Government Accounting Office.
WE DISAGREE.
(Translation: You lie. You have no credibility.)

RE: Lev Parnas.
A lier. A crook. A criminal.
(Translation: Go away go away. La La La La La go away.)

RE: The phone call was perfect. Everything was perfect.
Nothing to see. No collusion. No quid pro quo.
(translation: Oh shit, I better be nice and go along or Trump will tweet tear my ass apart.)

Lets face it.
We all know why republicans act the way they do.
They are terribly afraid of the power of Donald Trump.
They are like shitless afraid.
They know they're every thought, they're every uttered word about Donald Trump is monitored and written down for Donald to see.
If Donald does not personally approve every word out of their mouth or approve every thought that dare runs through their head, they know what Donald Trump is capable of doing.
Donald LOVES to possess this power.
And should Donald Trump be re-elected in 2020, Trump knows he will have four new years to make every single American just as terrified shitless as his republican base is now.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
but what about _insert_anything_here!
What about Biden's son making 50K a month? He is the only kid, spouse, parent of a rich and/or powerful person to ever be given a job in an attempt to gainer position/influence/power.

Meanwhile Clarence Thomas's wife is a fucking lobbyist and provides consulting on how to prep to appear before the supreme court.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If he can, Barr is going to fuck around with this for awhile and then off it goes into litigation all the way up to Kavanaugh and Friends where it will get put in a cryo chamber with notation "Do Not Open 'til Hell freezes Over".

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
What about Biden's son making 50K a month? He is the only kid, spouse, parent of a rich and/or powerful person to ever be given a job in an attempt to gainer position/influence/power.

Meanwhile Clarence Thomas's wife is a fucking lobbies and provides consulting on how to prep to appear before the supreme court.
yeah right....what did Clarence`s wife ever do to you??
What did Hunter do to you?

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Meanwhile Clarence Thomas's wife is a fucking lobbies and provides consulting on how to prep to appear before the supreme court.
This is amazing to watch in realtime...

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
All the Republican senators will still vote against impeachment, and the only person who will be held accountable for this, is the GAO person(s) that Trump decided to fire over this story.

Meanwhile Trump supporters will add the GAO to their list of "deep state" enemies.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
None of this matters unless the Senate convicts.

While I get what you saying, I still think it's important to keep it at the forefront. The Senate is almost guaranteed not to convict, #MoscowMitch's partisan shilling has been on display for at least a decade.

That's not to say what the GOP is doing / has been doing is ok, and it's important to keep it on the front page. Public opinion matters, clearly, as that's the only thing the GOP has left since their policy's are very unpopular.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I've still got a little tiny candle lit up on my window sill hoping that enough evidence is produced during Trump's trial from within chambers and especially so from outside of it that will shame and humiliate the Repubs enough into giving up the kangaroo court they're going to hold for their boss and hold a fair and impartial trial that they *heh* "swore to abide by".

If not and Trump somehow gets reelected and the House remains in Dem control then I really do hope Pelosi gets Trump impeached the second after he gets sworn in......again.

For the obvious crimes Trump has committed he shouldn't be allowed a moment's pause from being investigated and pursued until he receives his just due and gets a nice warm welcome from SDNY as a gift from Pelosi.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I've still got a little tiny candle lit up on my window sill hoping that enough evidence is produced during Trump's trial from within chambers and especially so from outside of it that will shame and humiliate the Repubs enough into giving up the kangaroo court they're going to hold for their boss and hold a fair and impartial trial that they *heh* "swore to abide by".

If not and Trump somehow gets reelected and the House remains in Dem control then I really do hope Pelosi gets Trump impeached the second after he gets sworn in......again.

For the obvious crimes Trump has committed he shouldn't be allowed a moment's pause from being investigated and pursued until he receives his just due and gets a nice warm welcome from SDNY as a gift from Pelosi.
It is beyond my grasp as to why they havent figured out by now that he is the never ending shit sandwich that is gonna keep on giving till the end of time. If they are thinking “we just gotta get through this trial and we are good”... I mean wtf... its only gonna get worse. THIS is their their chance to flush the turd and come out somewhat somewhat on the other end. GOP should love this chance.

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I'm hoping (expecting?) that Trump live-tweeting during the trial will be a) monitored b) used against him