It's not great to be King on an Island: 2 PM's die back to back of heart attacks

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Dominica Leader Pierre Charles, 49, Dies of Heart Attack

Charles was born June 30, 1954, in the village of Grand Bay in southern Dominica and first worked as a schoolteacher. He was elected to Parliament in 1985 and appointed prime minister in 2000 after predecessor Roosevelt Douglas died of a heart attack.

It is the second time in the life of this government that we have to go through this trauma," Savarin said.

Recently, the prime minister was critical of the United States when its troops invaded Afghanistan, accused them of killing innocents as he urged a halt to the conflict.

He also called on the United States to lift its trade embargo against Cuba. One of his first acts as prime minister was to establish diplomatic ties with Libya.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder who will get in Power now, it sounds like it could be another Bay Of Pigs down there.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
it sounds like it could be another Bay Of Pigs down there.
It does? Care to explain?

They are best friends with Libya, where do you think Quadafi shipped his WMD to?
Disney World? I think it's time for you to put the bong down Dave!

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
I am honestly laughing my a$$ off.

As I read this I was thinking to myself "Wow!, it seems Dave is actually just reporting some normal news for a change. This is refreshing"

Then like a sucker punch to the gut came:

"it sounds like it could be another Bay Of Pigs down there"

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Do you have any idea of what Dominca actually is? Thier primary industry is offshore medical schools. WTH are you talking about with the Bay of Pigs Crap

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: AaronB
I am honestly laughing my a$$ off.

As I read this I was thinking to myself "Wow!, it seems Dave is actually just reporting some normal news for a change. This is refreshing"

Then like a sucker punch to the gut came:

"it sounds like it could be another Bay Of Pigs down there"

rofl, true dat.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Do you have any idea of what Dominca actually is? Thier primary industry is offshore medical schools. WTH are you talking about with the Bay of Pigs Crap

Care to explain and rationalize why this small Island Leaders would need to be so chummy with Qaudafi? :confused:

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

Care to explain and rationalize why this small Island Leaders would need to be so chummy with Qaudafi? :confused:

I thought you meant that the CIA was sponsoring an attack by Dominica nationals against the leader of the Island nation.. because it would be illegal for the US to do so directly even though there may be WMD there - if your assertion is correct... - or incorrect.. perhaps.. cigars or this fellow feels or felt strongly about sovereignty issues.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Those poor bastages are always clawing their way out of the stone age after Hurricane season wipes half the country out, they have enough problems without bringing the U.S. military down on their a$$ ;)