It's not everyday I see a video of someone almost as smart as me.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: XZeroII
I was expecting a video of a monkey

the video of the monkey drinking his own piss or the one where he pokes his bunghole, smells his finger and falls over?

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN

the video of the monkey drinking his own piss or the one where he pokes his bunghole, smells his finger and falls over?

Heh. I suppose the one who can wash a cat is hoping for too much.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Auric
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN

Heh. I suppose the one who can wash a cat is hoping for too much.

What fool would attempt to wash a cat? :laugh:

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
What fool would attempt to wash a cat? :laugh:

Exactly! Which is why training your monkey to do it is the way to go.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Actually JHill is a word he uses for number memory of Absolute Zero.

Pretty kewl video though.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Juno
captions?
Well, not captions, but a synopsis.
Guy answers math questions in a ridiculous amount of time. He gets a number from the audience, such as 547, and performs the calculation in his head in fraction of a second.
Then he squares a 4 digit number in his head. 9,758.
Then says how he can square a 5 digit number, but most standard calculators can't.

Then takes 8649, and has the audience members multiply it by any 3-digit number they want to. It will most likely yield a 7-digit number. They then call out any six digits from that answer, in any order they want.
The guy will then try to determine the digit that they left out, and he of course gets them all correct.

Then a lame joke around 7:55: "For my next number..."

He asks the audience to raise their hands if they know the day of the week that they were born on. He then asks them to tell him only the date and the year. He is able to determine the day of the week, correctly. So he can do that fun calendar trick thing.

At 11:00, he tries to square a 5-digit number, but does it while thinking through it out loud. 57,683. Break it down into three parts:
57,000^2 + 683^2 + 57,000*683*2

At 12:32: "Now let me recap." And he proceeds to put the cap back on the marker. Har har.

He apparently has some pneumonic device that he uses to store numbers in his mind, and then does a little Rainman impression.
At about 14:00, he starts rambling insanely fast with numbers, and something about "cookie fishin." Mixes in words and numbers then in some weird manner. "466, add that to fishin, to get, um, 328,489."

:Q And somehow, that all makes sense in his mind. And the crowd goes wild....