It's Mourning in America

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

God this ad needs to be playing constantly leading up to November.

Agreed. While Trump wasn't completely responsible for this, it really is the nightmare scenario people predicted in 2016: that Trump would face a major crisis, and his horrible cocktail of incompetence, ego and corruption would make the situation much worse than it had to be. I don't even know if there would've been widespread lockdowns with Clinton in charge.

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
When Biden becomes President and has to cleanup Trump's $3.7 trillion deficit and growing - Fox "Lying" News & Friends and the GOP will drag Biden for what "failed" President Trump has done to wreck this country. Mainly for making fiscal mistakes and dismissing the Pandemic early on. They will sweep his mistakes under the rug...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
When Biden becomes President and has to cleanup Trump's $3.7 trillion deficit and growing - Fox "Lying" News & Friends and the GOP will drag Biden for what "failed" President Trump has done to wreck this country. Mainly for making fiscal mistakes and dismissing the Pandemic early on. They will sweep his mistakes under the rug...
Yes, if Biden wins it will be both amusing and infuriating for Republicans to pretend to have rediscovered fiscal conservatism and for the media to pretend to believe them.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
This really got to the orange menace. He's ranting and twitter raging about it today.

Here's the Post article and the twitter links from the orange menace.

His defenders are steadfast in that twitter thread, it's amazing to behold that much stupidity and brainwashing/false facts in the base.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I watched Rick Smith being interviewed by Lawrence O'Donnell last night.
Quite a funny 5 minutes as Rick Smith was amused how that latest Lincoln Project ad got under the orange menace's skin.

O`DONNELL: Now, George Conway tweeted that if Donald Trump didn`t like this
one, he`s really going to hate the next one even more. So, any clues you
want to give us about the next one?

WILSON: You know, I think, Lawrence, that I`ll use my old Defense Department phrase. I have nothing for you on that at this time, but I can assure you, it will not be greeted well in the White House. He`ll be up late again rage tweeting."

I can't wait.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Agreed. While Trump wasn't completely responsible for this, it really is the nightmare scenario people predicted in 2016: that Trump would face a major crisis, and his horrible cocktail of incompetence, ego and corruption would make the situation much worse than it had to be. I don't even know if there would've been widespread lockdowns with Clinton in charge.
Even before Trump was sworn in I predicted he would face a few crises that he would bungle very very badly. My offhand number was three such crises. Well, there have been several, in fact there's been one fiasco after another. But this one is the doozy. His total incompetence should be plain to anyone who's not deceiving them self.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
A little over dramatic but emotional appeal doesn’t usually do anything for me.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Trump didn't bailout main street? Oh come on, we got a mighty $1,200 over the course of two months. Mission Accomplished Donnie!

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
With all the bluster from the orange menace about the Lincoln Project's latest video.
the Super Pac had its largest one day haul due to cheeto rage twittering about it.

The Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump group, had its biggest day of fundraising after the president attacked it on Twitter

"The Lincoln Project, a conservative-led anti-Trump group, had its biggest day of fundraising yet after President Donald Trump attacked the organization on Twitter. "
"The Lincoln Project raised $1 million after the president's tweets, a member of its advisory committee told CNBC. "
"In attacking the Lincoln Project via his Twitter account, which has nearly 80 million followers, it appears the president may have elevated the group's profile. And the Lincoln Project now has more funds to produce anti-Trump ads. "

The orange menace is just not smart enough to leave it alone. May he continue to throw gas on the fire,
that is his "legacy".

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Trump didn't bailout main street? Oh come on, we got a mighty $1,200 over the course of two months. Mission Accomplished Donnie!
I haven't seen mine yet. I checked last night... not deposited into my checking account, not in my mail box. Was supposed to have been auto-deposited. Never was. Checked the site 2 weeks ago, said would be in the mail May 1. Not in my mail box. From incompetents expect incompetence.

Nov 29, 2006
I haven't seen mine yet. I checked last night... not deposited into my checking account, not in my mail box. Was supposed to have been auto-deposited. Never was. Checked the site 2 weeks ago, said would be in the mail May 1. Not in my mail box. From incompetents expect incompetence.

I received $50.15 from the IRS for the stimulus, and of course they can’t be called right now to figure out wtf is going on.

Reactions: JEDIYoda and Aegeon
Dec 10, 2005
With all the bluster from the orange menace about the Lincoln Project's latest video.
the Super Pac had its largest one day haul due to cheeto rage twittering about it.

The Lincoln Project, an anti-Trump group, had its biggest day of fundraising after the president attacked it on Twitter

"The Lincoln Project, a conservative-led anti-Trump group, had its biggest day of fundraising yet after President Donald Trump attacked the organization on Twitter. "
"The Lincoln Project raised $1 million after the president's tweets, a member of its advisory committee told CNBC. "
"In attacking the Lincoln Project via his Twitter account, which has nearly 80 million followers, it appears the president may have elevated the group's profile. And the Lincoln Project now has more funds to produce anti-Trump ads. "

The orange menace is just not smart enough to leave it alone. May he continue to throw gas on the fire,
that is his "legacy".
I appreciate that there are some Republicans who are anti-Trump, but as long as they continue to support the other Republicans currently in office, I have a hard time truly believing their sincerity. Trump is bad, but other Republicans in office are just enablers.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Even before Trump was sworn in I predicted he would face a few crises that he would bungle very very badly. My offhand number was three such crises. Well, there have been several, in fact there's been one fiasco after another. But this one is the doozy. His total incompetence should be plain to anyone who's not deceiving them self.
YES!!! Heaven forbid there is a real war...OMG.......

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
I appreciate that there are some Republicans who are anti-Trump, but as long as they continue to support the other Republicans currently in office, I have a hard time truly believing their sincerity. Trump is bad, but other Republicans in office are just enablers.

Agreed. And I'm kind of worried about groups like the Lincoln Project fulling the Democrats further right in some bid to appeal to the five Republican voters in this failed nation who don't love our Dear Leader. But that ad was too good not to post.

• Haha

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

I can't agree. Any value that comes from ads like this one is because it is being put out by conservatives. A conservative who turns on all the other conservatives isn't a conservative, or certainly will never be viewed as such. I understand the principle you're arguing here, but electorally speaking an ad like this works best when the conservatives backing it are only going against Trump.