• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

It's Memorial Day not Veterans Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Why are people thanking the troops and veterans? It's Memorial Day.... For remembering servicemen who gave their lives fighting our wars. It's right there in the name of the holiday. And you don't say "Happy Memorial Day" just like you wouldn't say "Happy Pearl Harbor Day" or "Congrats on your funeral". I find it offensive that Americans can't even keep Memorial Day and Veterans Day straight.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
"Happy Pearl Harbor Day" or "Congrats on your funeral"
I was scanning documents for my parents and they had a piece of paper that said this. It also had a picture of a grenade and it said "from the country that brought you Datsun"

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
No disrespect to those who've served and lost their lives, but we should celebrate Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Flag Day, all birthday's (President's Day, Columbus, and MLK), and Independence Day all on July 4th. One holiday to rule them all. Then we can quit paying government employees holiday pay for all but one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY