It's HERE! Star Trek: Into Darkness teaser trailer!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I like all the Star Trek shows and all the movies. I accept them for what they are and simply enjoy the entertainment. Not every movie can be great and not every episode is epic, I simply enjoy the universe.

Some people have too big a stick up their ass.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
First Contact > Star Trek 2, 4, or 6? Your argument is invalid.

In your OPINION. I never really liked Star Trek all that much until FC. The is my OPINION.

Spock was in a Star Trek movie. That is a FACT. See the difference?

Sweet Alice Eve is in it! Hotness!

Alice-Eve-Maxim-2.jpg

Amazing.

Last edited:

OlafSicky

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2011
Oh God, cliche city:

- Let's run and jump off a cliff at the last second! Bonus points of there's an explosion behind them that they just barely outran.

- Orange contrasts with blue. We get it.

- The crowd looks on in terror as everything they knew is destroyed! Shocking!

- Explosions! Throw them in! There's never enough!

I said this on the last film and it looks like this one is going to be no different: This is NOT Star Trek. It's looks like yet another action movie that happens to have Star Trek-like characters in it.

Star Trek stories are supposed to focus on social issues, using human ingenuity to solve problems, and show how we've evolved. There was too much pew-pew-boom and not enough script in the last movie, and it looks like this if following suit.[/QUOTE They should have made the movie about global warming with a little bit of inequality in the workforce between man and women peppered in. :biggrin:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I get the feeling this is going to be terrible.

KT

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Oh God, cliche city:

- Let's run and jump off a cliff at the last second! Bonus points of there's an explosion behind them that they just barely outran.

- Orange contrasts with blue. We get it.

- The crowd looks on in terror as everything they knew is destroyed! Shocking!

- Explosions! Throw them in! There's never enough!

I said this on the last film and it looks like this one is going to be no different: This is NOT Star Trek. It's looks like yet another action movie that happens to have Star Trek-like characters in it.

Star Trek stories are supposed to focus on social issues, using human ingenuity to solve problems, and show how we've evolved. There was too much pew-pew-boom and not enough script in the last movie, and it looks like this if following suit.

Yup. I agree completely. When I think Star Trek movie, I think of some gut-wrenching moral decision that has to be made, perhaps because of some new technology. A Star Trek movie should make you think.

Looper, although the time travel bit was flawed, was a good example of this.

Looper spoiler:
Do you attempt to go back in time to kill the bad guy as a kid? Or is it the very attempt on his life that causes him to be bad? What do you do about it?
That's the kind of stuff I'd expect from a Trek movie.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I have to agree with preslove.

everything after Undiscovered Country blows.

so who's the bad guy this time? God I hope it's not Garth of Izar. Maybe it's Gary Mitchell?

AMDZen

Lifer
Apr 15, 2004
I don't see any Star Trek in it. Do you?

Thats what I'm saying. I mean it looks like a good movie it just doesn't look like a Star Trek movie.

Oh well, this is the direction all films are going. Everything has to be dark and gritty

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I'm excited. The Star Trek movies have always been mediocre outside of the last one. I enjoy the show from TNG to DS9 to Voyager but the movies have been pretty bad.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Are you saying that the TNG movies were good? If you are, then you have terrible taste. The star wars reviewer did a number on the tng movies.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-trek/

He makes the point that you whiners are missing. The TNG movies were already "not star trek" and just dumb action movies. JJ Abrams wasn't the one to make the change. The only difference between the shit TNG movies and good remake is that the remake is actually a good action movie.

If you want to blame someone for star trek movies ceasing to be 'star trek,' blame rick berman not abrams you fucking idiots.

I agree with this

If I'm going to go with action stuff I'm going to go with the guy that does it well, and that's Abrams.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
In your OPINION. I never really liked Star Trek all that much until FC. The is my OPINION.

Spock was in a Star Trek movie. That is a FACT. See the difference?

I know the difference. You fail to understand that some opinions are better than others. My 5 year old nephew's opinions are pretty dumb. So are yours, apparently.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
It looked like Transformer or Battleship with some random bystanders wearing Trek shirts. Ohh, this world is now at risk! Let's save it with big explosions/action in the water!

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Will I enjoy this as a stand-alone if I have completely zero interest in ST universe?