It's Friday 8/24 and no GeForce3 MX yet. Where is it?

Ponyboy25

Aug 16, 2000
You know, this thread reminds me of all those people who used to say that in a few months after its initial release, that the GeForce 3 would be down about the $225 range, maybe even as low as $200.&amp;nbsp; They rubbed it in my face that I had payed $305 for my Visiontek GeForce 3.&amp;nbsp; But, just like I always new, the cards wouldn't go down that far in such a little time.&amp;nbsp; And now, they're probably still sitting stupid without one waiting for that <STRONG>BIG</STRONG> price drop.&amp;nbsp; My point is this: why wait for a supposedly 'GeForce 3 MX' that's supposedly going to come out.&amp;nbsp; Just go out and by the GeForce 3 that is currently out if you want the technology so bad, as that is the only thing you can get right now that actually exists.&amp;nbsp; Otherwise,&amp;nbsp;if you're going to wait, then you're gonna have to do just that, wait.&amp;nbsp; Complaining isn't gonna make some magical fairy appear and grant your wishes.&amp;nbsp; The MX will show up when nVidia announces it, probably to combat a competitor's item; kinda like it did when it announced the Detonator 4's when ATI announced their 8500.&amp;nbsp; But even then, that is a maybe....

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
Its been widely reported that the earlier information about the Geforce3 MX/Pro cards coming out soon was nothing but a rumor. Don't hold your breath.

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
The rumours were false... don't hold your breath for a GF3 MX before late September at best. And personally I'm dubious doubious about seeing it before November or so.

WoundedWallet

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks Rand, I didn't get the follow up on that.

And Ponyboy25, I never considered a GeForce3 and never will consider any Video card above $150. For me that's plain lunacy.

What I was considering was to wait a few days if new video cards were coming out and see their prices or see if the other cards would drop a little more.

$300 for a video card? Not even if my wallet was healthy.

Wellcky

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2000
I'm still waiting for the Detonator 4 20.xx drivers to get leaked/released. :|

Odoacer

Jun 30, 2001
$305 for a GF3 when it first came out? :( I saw a Leadtek GF3 ad for $379 and thought that was a smokin' good deal.

Is the GF3 as it is now like the GF2 GTS in that it's like, the original version? With Pros, MX'es and Ultras to come?

Rand

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

<<
Is the GF3 as it is now like the GF2 GTS in that it's like, the original version? With Pros, MX'es and Ultras to come?
>>

Nobody knows for certain whether Pro's MX's, and Ultra's are to come besides NVidia themselves. In all likelyhood we will at least see something like an Ultra or Pro though.
Personally I expect a "enhanced" faster GF3 sometime late this year. That will be NVidia's new high end card, and push the present GF3 down to their upper mid-range card.
Beyond that I'm not sure what will happen. We may see an MX of the GF3 but that is far from definite.