it's freaking hot that i can't sleep

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
It was toasty in my lab today. It was so hot that the crystals in both of our lasers couldn't work properly.... Everyone left at 4pm.

So i went home at 6 and it was hotter at home. I drank like 3 litters of water and haven't pissed since noon.

My house dont have AC and I dont have a fan. I'm too cheap to buy a fan that I'll only use for 2 months.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
It was 98 here today. I've got the central cranked so much I'm gonna have to go put on socks, my feet are cold. Haw Haw! /nelsen :D

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: CKent
It was 98 here today. I've got the central cranked so much I'm gonna have to go put on socks, my feet are cold. Haw Haw! /nelsen :D

yeah, i still remember being cold in houston during summer. Why doesn't my house have AC? (shouting to the landlord)

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
you'll excuse me for saying this buy not buying a fan is idiotic. you'll use it for 2 month, and next year and the year after that. getting a fan will help you circulate that air in your home and bring in cool air from outside. you don't want to buy a fan (for like $20), fine. be hot.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
Is it humid there? If it's not over 80% humid, you have no right to complain.

Try sleeping with no AC or fan in 80F 99% humid weather. It's like someone trying to suffocate you with a pillow.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Originally posted by: potoba
It was toasty in my lab today. It was so hot that the crystals in both of our lasers couldn't work properly.... Everyone left at 4pm.

So i went home at 6 and it was hotter at home. I drank like 3 litters of water and haven't pissed since noon.

My house dont have AC and I dont have a fan. I'm too cheap to buy a fan that I'll only use for 2 months.

Then you get no pity.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: CasioTech
here too in the MIA

Ask Tom Welling to come over, fan you off and feed you grapes while wearing a lion cloth?

jackace

Golden Member
Oct 6, 2004
Originally posted by: invidia

Try sleeping with no AC or fan in 80F 99% humid weather. It's like someone trying to suffocate you with a pillow.

Exact reason i will never live in the Southeast. I was in Florida a few years and it was down-right brutal in the summer there. Summer nights were miserable. The AC went out in my apartment while there and I did not sleep at all. It was horrible. Never going to live in that part of the US for no amount of money.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Down south here, AC in the house and the car are necessaries, not optional. I can't stand the heat. In the winter, you can pile more clothes but in the summer, you are still burning hot even you are butt naked.

Treyshadow

Jan 31, 2000
How hot is it?

I live in Houston (well close to) and we haven't even gotten hot yet. Kind of disappointing though, maybe in a few weeks. Good ol' weatherbug is showing 92/74 through the end of the week. That is barely hot enough to go swimming.

Oh, and A/C isn't a choice down here.

evolvedbullet

Mar 11, 2006
I have not slept for the past 5 days. The only kind of sleep I get is when I meditate, which seems as if it is mandatory since I can't sleep.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
Originally posted by: jackace
Originally posted by: invidia

Exact reason i will never live in the Southeast. I was in Florida a few years and it was down-right brutal in the summer there. Summer nights were miserable. The AC went out in my apartment while there and I did not sleep at all. It was horrible. Never going to live in that part of the US for no amount of money.

That was a few years ago. Because of all this erratic weather change, it's gotten really humid and hot here. Last Christmas, it was 88F and my family and friends spent it outside BBQing and swimming @ the beach. That should be happening during the 4th of July, not X-mas.

Jun 14, 2003
mobile AC for the win perhaps?

we have them in our office....the ones where you just stuff the tube out the window, theyre not brilliant but they work. just buy one ..... it'll be useful year after year. its not like we're headed for an ice age any time soon so im pretty sure next year will be just as hot.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
72 degrees outside here in Minneapolis, MN(well it is 4AM).... Not too bad I like it a bit cooler yet... lol