It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I can understand why people live that way if it all that they've ever known and all they've ever heard of. But you have internet and you know there are places to live where you don't have to put up with that crap. So why do it?

Sunny and 24°C here at the moment.

Reactions: purbeast0

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I can understand why people live that way if it all that they've ever known and all they've ever heard of. But you have internet and you know there are places to live where you don't have to put up with that crap. So why do it?

Sunny and 24°C here at the moment.
Some of them lived like me, after my 4th year of 40+c and 90%+ humidity I was ready for some cooler temps. Enjoying the sweatless hoodie weather and the occasional sub-zero dip with white fluffy crap I get to drive my 4x4 on.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Less people here, that makes it all worth it. More easy going lifestyle. But really by this time of year I start to get fed up of the snow tbh. Only about 2 months to go then it should be gone completely. May is always hit and miss weather wise. Back when I was a kid summer started in early May but now it's shifted. Winters start later too.

And yeah we don't get the +40's here thankfully. That's just brutal. I'll take the cold before the extreme heat.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
33c and sunny here with a slight breeze coming from the sea,, in a week back to Canada and the cold :(

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Less people here, that makes it all worth it. More easy going lifestyle. But really by this time of year I start to get fed up of the snow tbh. Only about 2 months to go then it should be gone completely. May is always hit and miss weather wise. Back when I was a kid summer started in early May but now it's shifted. Winters start later too.

And yeah we don't get the +40's here thankfully. That's just brutal. I'll take the cold before the extreme heat.
If summer falls on a weekend this year, you could have a picnic.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
82F here today. "F' stands for FuckThisSummerBullshitTheMotherFuckingGrassIsGrowingAndI'mReallyTiredOfThisShit.

Nov 8, 2012
Less people here, that makes it all worth it. More easy going lifestyle.

This.

I would move to a more rural area in a heartbeat if they had jobs that pay as well.

Though... I did just sign for a new job that is 100% remote... In theory I could move and still have my job, only real problem is the wife works and she is stuck to our area.

Nov 8, 2012
Reactions: KMFJD

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I used to like snow when I was younger and played in it and got days of school off of it. Now i hate it with the passion and would be very happy if I never had to deal with snow of any kind the rest of my life.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
OH SHIT SON NO YOU DIDNT!

Texas has shit tons of good beer - as someone that is actually a beer person.

Martin House Brewery: http://martinhousebrewing.com/
Saint Arnold Brewery: https://www.saintarnold.com/

Just two off the top of my head that appeal to me that make excellent barrel aged brews. Another big one is Jester King if you're into sours.
There's a few Saint Arnold seasonal brews I wouldn't mind trying but, I didn't see anything on the Martin House list that looked enticing. I do try to keep an open mind on beers though. I lived in the Southwest for many years and never ran across either brewery's offerings the entire time.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I used to like snow when I was younger and played in it and got days of school off of it. Now i hate it with the passion and would be very happy if I never had to deal with snow of any kind the rest of my life.
I'm the same, i used to keep my AC on pretty damn cold, loved the cold, never bothered me, now as soon as it gets to anywhere near frost levels my body just starts aching and i'm in constant pain. I used to hate the heat, now i love it, i haven't had the AC on in a long long time

Reactions: purbeast0
Nov 8, 2012
There's a few Saint Arnold seasonal brews I wouldn't mind trying but, I didn't see anything on the Martin House list that looked enticing. I do try to keep an open mind on beers though. I lived in the Southwest for many years and never ran across either brewery's offerings the entire time.

Saint Arnold has a good line of standard beers - but what stands out to me are their Bishop Barrel series and their Divine Reserve series. They do a damn good job with them.

What can I say - I'm a sucker for barrel aged - particularly Stouts, Porters, Barleywine, etc.

Martin House is known for their boxed series... they are basically boxes with 2 cans inside that are usually barrel aged.

Ones like Acheron are nom nom nom

51786091_515179059008552_1497825945990995022_n.jpg

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
33c and sunny here with a slight breeze coming from the sea,, in a week back to Canada and the cold :(
It's not bad at all here in SWOntario.

I like a slow spring rather than a jump to 20C+ temps.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
63F rain and t-storms this afternoon. The Masters is getting soaked but should clear up tomorrow.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Went outside today, this is brutal. It was a mix of freezing rain and snow, so everything is just a big thick crusty layer, can't do crap with that. Can't snow blow it, can't really shovel it. The ice layer is embedded in the snow, so anything you try to do you can just skim the first layer of snow. It's a mess.

Same with car, that was brutal to try to clear. I let it car run for a few hours so managed to get the worst of it off. Not sure what I will do about the driveway. To think I was down to the concrete days ago, but that was short lived. I might try to just smash it up with the ice chopper to try to get it into a consistency that makes it possible to shovel or snow blow.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Jester King grabbed my interest. I may have to check them out!
Jester King is really good, and the brewery is really nice to go to, basically a farm like 40 minutes outside of Austin. They have such a huge variety of sour and wild ales it's hard to remember any specific ones I tried, but I brought home a bottle of Funk Metal and Viking Metal and they were both great.

Edit: Also, we were in Austin in September and it was so fucking hot, like 90s with a super high humidity. Even if the winters are more mild that kind of heat is just miserable to me.

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
Blizzard warning for parts of MN, SD and ND on Thursday 4-11