It's been a while since I got excited about a shoe...

CellarDoor

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2004
I went to footlocker today to pick up a nice pair of shoes to take to the gym, or perhaps play basketball with every now and then and I came across these.

Nike Mens Free Trainer 5.0

They are extremely lightweight (only 8.4 oz) and are designed to make it feel like your running barefoot (and building up the muscles in your feet). I honestly didn't care about that so much, but they are so unbelievably lightweight and flexible which is awesome. They feel lighter than my flip-flops. They were only $60 which is pretty cheap for Nike's. Hopefully they turn out to be pretty reliable.

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005
I've been looking for a new pair shoes too, since my Vans may be really comfortable, but not the greatest for walking/running with. Hmm, I might get the black pair. I'll have to try them out the next time I go shopping, they sound great.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I wouldn't play basketball in them, there are a lot of people who owned them and got mad when they used them for things other than running/"cross training" and the side ripped out easily.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
for all or nikes reputation, never get the shoes with the air pockets. they always break. i didn't have a choice as i was limited to what was available in the store that i baught my shoes then. BTW, these shoes look like they would rip easily. don't know how much protection it will actually give your foot if it's so light.