it's always fun to reboot your computer and find...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: hdeck
that you've been banned from your apartment complex's network. imagine my surprise when my computer loads up, i try to bring up atot and get redirected to a page that says "your account has been banned from the melrose network. please call for further assistance." and of course the company that handles their internet and network only carries regular 9-5 business hours during the week and isn't even open during the weekend. guess it's more convenient for them.

i honestly have no idea why i would be banned from the network. i haven't downloaded any movies or music -- hell, i don't even have a p2p program installed. i don't even know what else would warrent them disconnecting me. luckily i have cable (bought for the laptop since their network only allows 1 computer per person -- amazing rule there) for now.

*sigh* i should have gone out tonight

You idiot! You got the cable because they only allow one computer? All you need to do is plug in the network to your router's WAN port. Hell I had wireless going when you were in Houston.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
that you've been banned from your apartment complex's network. imagine my surprise when my computer loads up, i try to bring up atot and get redirected to a page that says "your account has been banned from the melrose network. please call for further assistance." and of course the company that handles their internet and network only carries regular 9-5 business hours during the week and isn't even open during the weekend. guess it's more convenient for them.

i honestly have no idea why i would be banned from the network. i haven't downloaded any movies or music -- hell, i don't even have a p2p program installed. i don't even know what else would warrent them disconnecting me. luckily i have cable (bought for the laptop since their network only allows 1 computer per person -- amazing rule there) for now.

You idiot! You got the cable because they only allow one computer? All you need to do is plug in the network to your router's WAN port. Hell I had wireless going when you were in Houston.

get a router dude...

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002

he's big and tough on the forums but quivers like a little girl in real life:)

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: hdeck that you've been banned from your apartment complex's network. imagine my surprise when my computer loads up, i try to bring up atot and get redirected to a page that says "your account has been banned from the melrose network. please call for further assistance." and of course the company that handles their internet and network only carries regular 9-5 business hours during the week and isn't even open during the weekend. guess it's more convenient for them. i honestly have no idea why i would be banned from the network. i haven't downloaded any movies or music -- hell, i don't even have a p2p program installed. i don't even know what else would warrent them disconnecting me. luckily i have cable (bought for the laptop since their network only allows 1 computer per person -- amazing rule there) for now. *sigh* i should have gone out tonight

Actually he's a bodybuilder and makes me look small.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: GermyBoy
Originally posted by: hdeck that you've been banned from your apartment complex's network. imagine my surprise when my computer loads up, i try to bring up atot and get redirected to a page that says "your account has been banned from the melrose network. please call for further assistance." and of course the company that handles their internet and network only carries regular 9-5 business hours during the week and isn't even open during the weekend. guess it's more convenient for them. i honestly have no idea why i would be banned from the network. i haven't downloaded any movies or music -- hell, i don't even have a p2p program installed. i don't even know what else would warrent them disconnecting me. luckily i have cable (bought for the laptop since their network only allows 1 computer per person -- amazing rule there) for now. *sigh* i should have gone out tonight

Actually he's a bodybuilder and makes me look small.

No he's right.