It's all about the US Supreme Court. Period!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You continue to speculate, so let me walk you through this slowly.

1. I cited the enormous tax cut for the ruling class, you replied with you FYGM attitude, and I cited that as well

2. Subsequently, you digressed to calling me a fat ass, implying I'm a lazy bum who obviously just wants nothing more than to be a bum and the government take care of me. This a false assumption. I'm not fat, work hard, provide for my family to the best of my abilities, which has been sufficient to meet their needs thus far.

3. You claim I have a defeatist attitude, which is also false. Pointing out the nonsense that trickle down econimics is doesn't make me a defeatist, it makes me pragmatic.

Whatever you say, Velveeta. Fact is, nobody knows shit about anyone here, other than their words. This is a big sandbox, where everyone plays. Very little information, shared here, is bipartisan. So, depending on what side you're on, half the people are political enemies. Forums are nothing more than entertainment for me. I'd drink a beer, a coke, or any other beverage with you, "in real life". I'm sure you're probably a good dude, despite our disagreements.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Whatever you say, Velveeta. Fact is, nobody knows shit about anyone here, other than their words. This is a big sandbox, where everyone plays. Very little information, shared here, is bipartisan. So, depending on what side you're on, half the people are political enemies. Forums are nothing more than entertainment for me. I'd drink a beer, a coke, or any other beverage with you, "in real life". I'm sure you're probably a good dude, despite our disagreements.

You'd be wise to reserve the speculation for general statements, not personal attacks.

Since this is entertainment for you, I'll take your input as faux concern trolling.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
So yes, FYGM and it's not a fault, but a feature. I worked hard for it. No guilt felt for my work!

The truth is no one that is wealthy worked hard for it. The simple truth is that to be wealthy you have to have made other people work hard while you reap the financial gain from it. This is what unchecked capitalism is. If you managed to get wealthy from working hard you would soon no longer have to, because you would be wealthy, and at that point you could pay someone else to do the work. Of course you can't pay them as much as you make, because you want to remain wealthy, so they make less. Which means, the harder you work the less money you make. That is unchecked capitalism. It rewards the lazy.

But why work hard at all? If you can cheat and make the money you can shield yourself from the consequences. The wealthy suffer much few consequences than the poor for any given crime. The wealthy can afford good lawyers, have the right connections, and if all else fails they can simply bribe their way out of most messes. Steal a dollar and it is your problem, steal a billion and it is the banks. That is unchecked capitalism. It rewards the criminal.

But why commit a crime when you can simply pay to change the laws to make what you are doing legal? Once you get wealthy enough you can buy the media to say the things you want the people to think, start to pay off politicians to make laws favorable to you, afford to pay for court cases that last decades to get a ruling in your favor. With these tactics you can change the system so that you always win and the poor always loses. You can make it so that you maintain your wealth, and only the other mega-wealthy can compete with you. That is unchecked capitalism. It rewards the dishonest.

This is why liberals want change. This is why we say that unchecked capitalism is bad. This is why we say that the FYGM attitude is killing this nation. We are the ones smart, honest enough, kind enough, to look past our own selfishness and see where this is heading. Unchecked capitalism leads to feudalism.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I've never had the allergy to money that some of you people do. I love money and anyone who has it. I've managed to pick off my fair share. Pick off some of your own and stop bitching. It's there for the taking, if you know how to get it. You've gotta have the right attitude. I'm fortunate that my life doesn't revolve around money. Seems to always be enough around, to do what I wanna do. Beyond that, I don't think about it much.
It’s not so much an allergy to money as it is an observation of what people choose to do with it once they’ve hoarded enough of it.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
A 100 years ago, we thought the state elected officials had too much power. To take back the power, we came up with the 19th amendment for direct election of Senators.

Currently the system is broken as has been shown perfectly by what we have now.

The only way to have a good system is:

1. Either divide the country into different parts and allow population exchange so they can decide for themselves what they want in their countries.

Or something much harder...

2. A constitutional amendment that give more power to the people, like direct popular election of SCOTUS justices and Presidents each for 2 year terms. (more so the Judges - since currently the President has too much power as does the senate and judiciary).

We've gotten screwed by a lot of bad SCOTUS decisions which will take 2-4 generations to change vs just an election as it should.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Democrats can reform the courts and add as many seats as they see fit whenever they have 50 votes in the Senate, and control the House, and the White House. It's just a question of will. There is a reason Mitch McConnell is not touching the legislative filibuster, but the Democrats are not bound by that.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
He seems to be one overly paranoid individual. Nothing bad is going to happen to him and the sun will still rise in the morning. :cool:
- Meanwhile, Dennis Rodman will be here to prevent WW3... (Dennis listens to 5 seconds of Trumps ramblings, then leans over and whispers in Kims ear : Smoke that fool).
The sun may rise but it just might not be the one you are thinking about.