It's a FRAP!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ScottSwing

Banned
Jun 13, 2010
I feel sorry for your friends. You must kill any humor in the group.

buzz_killington-191x300.jpg

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Again, I've seen the movie so I know the character, but why is it funny? There must be an inside joke here which makes it funny to people who understand it. To me it's just a random character from a random movie suggesting people drink a Frappachino. Is that supposed to be funny? I must be missing the inside joke in what he's saying.

search for "it's a trap". if you still don't get it or find it funny, well then it's just you.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I feel sorry for your friends. You must kill any humor in the group.

I Googled it and understand it now, but none of my friends are Star Wars fans so they would have all said the same thing I said about it. How is not understanding something killing the humor? I never say it wasn't funny, I said I didn't understand it. Maybe I should have just laughed at it because others were. *shrug*

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
I Googled it and understand it now, but none of my friends are Star Wars fans so they would have all said the same thing I said about it. How is not understanding something killing the humor? I never say it wasn't funny, I said I didn't understand it. Maybe I should have just laughed at it because others were. *shrug*
It's an internet meme. Like Rick Rolling or the dozens of other stupid jokes that came from 4chan. The admiral ackbar graphic has appeared many times on this forum so you must have seen it. There's no deeper meaning to it.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Again, I've seen the movie so I know the character, but why is it funny? There must be an inside joke here which makes it funny to people who understand it. To me it's just a random character from a random movie suggesting people drink a Frappachino. Is that supposed to be funny? I must be missing the inside joke in what he's saying.

It's a meme. That means that it's hilarious if your entire world revolves around the internet and message boards.