It's A Beautiful Day . . .

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I had heard that this was a possibility---but figured with the Iraqi government about to go on vacation, that the can could be be kicked down the road until they come back
from vacation. Oops---look like were were wrong. And this may change the hypothesis that the Iraqi democratic government has any support.

Who will break the news to GWB?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I imagine the Democrat?s sweep in 08 will be a news breaker that permeates the thickest denial of reality. Iraq has proven several things.

First, that international terrorism is a stratagem of warfare and it works. It works against us hard, because it is our natural counter while we sit idly by and play police with the lives of our soldiers.

Second, bringing ?Democracy? to an Islamic nation is like creating another Iran. We don?t NEED another Iran, but here we are pouring money and blood to create one.

Third, these people aren?t fit for a nation, proof?s in the pudding.

Fourth, keep them out of our nation!

*edit

By the way...the subject seems fitting to the link.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Sorry Jaskalas,

Your post sounds like sour grapes and a cop out excuse; As you imply that we tossed pearls before swine and none of the failure was on the part of the USA. The point is that the USA meddled and promised to make Iraq a better place. And may in fact end up causing a broader mid-east war.

I am somewhat too shocked and stunned at this event to even really start to think about the possible long term implications. But what I think matters almost zero and how the people in Iraq react is the key. But any time the conditional probability of an event being very dire is non zero, its no time for an Alfred E. Neuman what me worry moment.

But this could be one of those this changes everything moments. And events could spin out of control. Or oddly enough it could be a sneak peak at the abyss
moment that scares other straight. But if its dire and it will cause things to spin out of all control, we could find out very fast.

DarkThinker

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2007
TBH, I think the only way things can stabilize a bit, is if Iraq turns to a federal system, Sunnis and Shiites cannot rule together, it has been already proven in Lebanon and is being proven again in Iraq.

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Sunni Block Quits Iraqi Government, as more die in tanker truck bombings

Cute - not only has the Puppet Government bailed out on vacation for a month or so, an entire sector of this dysfunctional sham won't be back.

It's like adding quicksand to the quagmire, and then flooding it with gasoline.
Who's got the matches?

Uh oh, shhh! Don't tell PJ and the others, they think everything is wonderful in Iraq :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Arkaign
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Sunni Block Quits Iraqi Government, as more die in tanker truck bombings

Cute - not only has the Puppet Government bailed out on vacation for a month or so, an entire sector of this dysfunctional sham won't be back.

It's like adding quicksand to the quagmire, and then flooding it with gasoline.
Who's got the matches?

Uh oh, shhh! Don't tell PJ and the others, they think everything is wonderful in Iraq :)

It is wonderful................ if that is your benchmark for wonderful like Republicans.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Now that the Sunnis have bailed from the Iraqi government the only remaining magic trick is figuring out what to do with five million remaining surviving Iraqi Sunnis.

Maybe GWB will invite all of them to stay at his ranch in Texas now that Cindy has abandoned Camp Sheehan.

Or the ever popular Shia version sung to the tune of I will wash that man right out of my hair. With the new version sung by Al-Sadr and the Mufties.

mattpegher

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
I was wondering, have there been any terrorist acts in switzerland. The swiss always seem to stay out of everything. They are also one of the most closed door societies with regard to immigration. Granted they are not any great superpower, but maybe we need to be less involved in the world. That includes telling any american citizen that push us to support isreal to please go there and support that government themselves and leave the rest of us out of it. Sure its a bit simplistic but maybe we can take some clues from other less involved nations.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: mattpegher
I was wondering, have there been any terrorist acts in switzerland. The swiss always seem to stay out of everything. They are also one of the most closed door societies with regard to immigration. Granted they are not any great superpower, but maybe we need to be less involved in the world. That includes telling any american citizen that push us to support isreal to please go there and support that government themselves and leave the rest of us out of it. Sure its a bit simplistic but maybe we can take some clues from other less involved nations.

1. I don't know what Israel has to do with us being in Iraq.
2. We tried isolationism. It was nice for us, but little things like Hitler pop up now and again and need dealing with.
3. We aren't the freakin Swiss. They ski and make watches. That's it. [Not trying to diss the swiss, i love your chocolate and you do protect the pope n all] We have a different responsibility in the world.
4. In a global economy isolationism is no longer feasable, nor I would argue, desirable.
5. There haven't been any terrorist attacks in Idaho either, what is it about Idaho?