Old news.

Hell...I'm old...whachoo speck?
aah.gif

Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I wish fireworks were legal here. With the pandemic and fact that our fireworks are cancelled it would have been nice if they at least made them legal for this week. Too many laws and regulations these days, can't have any fun.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I wish fireworks were legal here. With the pandemic and fact that our fireworks are cancelled it would have been nice if they at least made them legal for this week. Too many laws and regulations these days, can't have any fun.

The GOOD fireworks are illegal in most places here...doesn't stop people from getting them. I only have to drive a few miles to one of the indian reservations and I can get just about anything I want. The po-po are stretched too thin to enforce the "no fireworks" laws.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
There's been a firework tent in the Walmart parking lot for the last 2 weeks. I haven't gone in though, as I don't want to end up like Jason Pierre-Paul.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Watching the Erie news the police there have been trying to deal with this for a couple weeks now. I think this is PA's first, maybe 2nd year of legally selling fireworks instate.
Fire dept. was called out the other night as someone was firering them off late at night & started a roof fire.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Watching the Erie news the police there have been trying to deal with this for a couple weeks now. I think this is PA's first, maybe 2nd year of legally selling fireworks instate.
Fire dept. was called out the other night as someone was firering them off late at night & started a roof fire.
In Ontario, fireworks were only allowed twice a year: Victoria Day and Canada Day. Most cities do some on New Years Eve.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
In Ontario, fireworks were only allowed twice a year: Victoria Day and Canada Day. Most cities do some on New Years Eve.

Oh did not realize they actually were allowed on Canada Day. That's good to know. Though I guess it depends on the city too, don't know if my city allows them, I don't think they do. Part of the issue is there are idiots who ruin it for everyone by not doing it safely. It's best to launch over a lake, or at least a sports field. (short, green grass that is not likely to catch on fire)

When we went down south to Wasaga Beach (or Sauble Beach, I forget, we went to both at different occasions) we thought they were legal as they sold them everywhere. Yeah we found out the hard way they aren't lol. Did not end up getting charged but had some pretty angry guy call cops on us so we left the area before they showed up. It was night and there was a bunch of other people launching some at the beach too so the guy who reported us probably ended up losing track of which rental unit was ours and went after the others I'm guessing.

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Woode

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
There's been a firework tent in the Walmart parking lot for the last 2 weeks. I haven't gone in though, as I don't want to end up like Jason Pierre-Paul.

Should be easy ... just don't hold your hand too dang close to said fireworks when lighting them and you'll do fine! (especially the bigger ones!)

I've lit MANY fireworks over the years and we always took it VERY seriously wearing eye/ear-protection and heavy clothing plus had a running hose and fire-extinguisher on standby.

Anything larger then a bottle-rocket or a lady-finger firecracker can be extremely dangerous and if you forget that fact you'll likely pay a painful price.

Last edited: