It' s time to be B-b-b-b-b-Bold

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
So, I took a megadose(250mg, which 20,833% of the DV) of just vitamin B1 yesterday night, around 5-6pm. There was some effect, as I did felt "sharper and more energzied". I also think I was able to discern the various sounds in music more clearly and without straining to do so.
Also had a bit of an increased appetite. Ate a bit more meat normal(riboflavin cravings?)

But, it comes at a cost, because I utterly CRASHED at around 11:26pm and quickly did a few last things and went to sleep.

So, ya energy drinkers are not just being hyped up by caffiene, but B1, but the CRASH will come.

I just took a pill of niacin as 400mg Inositol Hexanicotinate. I'll see how it goes.

B12 does nothing noticeable, FYI.

Moved from OT.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
In high school, we used to take caffeine pills. I believe the Walgreens variant was called 'Awake' lol.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
In high school, we used to take caffeine pills. I believe the Walgreens variant was called 'Awake' lol.
I think the brand name version was 'No Doz' or 'No Doze'. Otherwise, Mountain Dew was the next-best source of caffeine that we had back then, heh.

Reactions: Shmee and Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I think the brand name version was 'No Doz' or 'No Doze'. Otherwise, Mountain Dew was the next-best source of caffeine that we had back then, heh.

The cheapest brand on the shelf was called "Jet-Alert" as I recall lol .... "No-Doze" is caffeine pills for the 1%!

;)

71CBMPiXG4L.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I lied about the Mountain Dew...I forgot about 'Jolt Cola' haha. "Double the Caffeine...ALL the Sugar!" They refused to stock it in the school's soda vending machines, though I can't imagine why (/s), with kids needing to sit still in classes for the day, lol.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I lied about the Mountain Dew...I forgot about 'Jolt Cola' haha. "Double the Caffeine...ALL the Sugar!" They refused to stock it in the school's soda vending machines, though I can't imagine why (/s), with kids needing to sit still in classes for the day, lol.

That stuff was ahead of its time although it was no "Mexican Coke" taste-wise.

Reactions: Shmee and Pohemi

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
The one time and only one time i took too much niacin, I had this insane flush where i felt like i was on fire. no bueno.

Reactions: winr

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I do have that effect on people! ;)

*(a little Vicks-Vaporub applied to the upper-lip helps cover the "fragrance"!)

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Excessive B vitamin use has more recently be tied to increased risk of lung-cancer.
So you're saying, my two-or-three-a-day energy drink habit, might be behind my severe wheezing? (I don't / never smoked. Except for a few tokes of MJ in my 20s, which did nothing for me.)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Excessive B vitamin use has more recently be tied to increased risk of lung-cancer.
I have no intention of consuming them daily. I'm not ready for commitment. I need to play the field.

One, I'm mostly going to avoid multivitamins, because the folic acid/folate consumption is already plentiful(too plentiful for the other two except me) in the family.

Two, sister has periods, and this may help next month with suffering invovled.

Three, mother is an unintentional vegetarian and it suffices to say that recovery is not doable without the assistance of some supplementation. She loves her sweets and grains though, so it isn't wise for her to be OD'ing on B9 any more than she already is, so it's better to target the lack of B2 and B12 directly and independently.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
The one time and only one time i took too much niacin, I had this insane flush where i felt like i was on fire. no bueno.
The inositol hexanicotinate does not cause flushing. I experienced nothing. Not it's necessarily a good idea to eat megadoses every day, but the claims on the bottle are truthful for Walmart's Spring Valley branded niacin.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
placebo effect (noun) · placebo effects (plural noun)

a beneficial effect produced by a placebo drug or treatment, which cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment:

Reactions: WilliamM2

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
placebo effect
Except I didn't believe B1 would do anything because I thought I already had enough and the doses in multivitamins also did nothing.

The crash was real though. Never felt the urge to just lay down and sleep and 11:30pm in the night. I easily go past that.