IT People and non IT people alike

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Why is it that I can just do whatever I want online and no one says anything while I am at work? I click on links all the time that are blocked by WebSense, and no one says anything.
Sometimes I download songs at work and no one says anything.
I'm not upset, I'm just wondering if they even care.

I know all three of the IT people and everytime I walk by one of them I just know from the look in their eyes that they know I sit on AT all day.

Just wondering.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
No one in management is asking IT for a report or you're an important cog in the machine if they are.

Ktulu

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2000
Yup, you're pretty much unimportant, but we do have a good laugh at you though. :D

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Platypus
No one in management is asking IT for a report or you're an important cog in the machine if they are.

Well I am not an important cog. I just finish my work quickly and don't have much to do until someone else brings me more work.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Zysoclaplem
Originally posted by: Platypus

Well I am not an important cog. I just finish my work quickly and don't have much to do until someone else brings me more work.

Then no one cares.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Haha they probably look at me funny because they know I am gay. I mean all the IT folks are really nice people, I doubt they would care. It's just funny.

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
No one cares unless mgmt makes an issue.

Keep your nose clean and the logs of your surfing activity will never come up, because HR won't request them.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Why is it that I can just do whatever I want online and no one says anything while I am at work? I click on links all the time that are blocked by WebSense, and no one says anything.
Sometimes I download songs at work and no one says anything.
I'm not upset, I'm just wondering if they even care.

I know all three of the IT people and everytime I walk by one of them I just know from the look in their eyes that they know I sit on AT all day.

Just wondering.

lol, I often wonder the same thing. Right now all I have is 1 open ticket, and the person who openned it is on vacation...so I can't do anything about it.

I used to feel strange about having nothing to do at work, but then I realized, the reason I have nothing to do is because I fix everything I can really fast. I've also set off Norton Antivirus countless number of times downloading garbage off the web. No one really cares though. (lol @ hacktools)

I am sure my company would rather have someone who can really fix things up fast doing nothing, rather than someone who is slow and backlogged all the time. :)

I am sure I am pretty low on the totem pole too...lol.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Originally posted by: djheater
No one cares unless mgmt makes an issue.

Keep your nose clean and the logs of your surfing activity will never come up, because HR won't request them.

How far back is an average log kept. I have been here for 6 years...lol.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
If they are looking for a reason to fire you, then they'll start scrutinizing things like internet usage reports and arrival times. Policies like that are selectively enforced. Do your job right, and nobody cares.

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Haha they probably look at me funny because they know I am gay. I mean all the IT folks are really nice people, I doubt they would care. It's just funny.

sometimes I wonder if you really are gay