It Lives! My cel566@850... now, how to get stable?

Gilgamesh

Sep 4, 2000
All right!! It was wierd, but all I had to do was hit the reset switch when it tried to boot and it magically worked... now I have to do that everytime I cold boot... but it's consistent... maybe a flaw with the AOpen boards?

I'm happy... now I need to get this puppy stable at 850... she's at 1.85v right now? Dare I go any higher? Can a Golden Orb cool it properly at 1.9v? It doesn't seem to get too hot when I touch the heatsink...

Any suggestions on how to get this thing stable? I just bought the darn GOrb and I really don't want to go through the hassle of an Alpha...

Thanks in advance!

-Gilgamesh-

Fingers

Platinum Member
Sep 4, 2000
well, maybe the hassle of the alpha is worth its while, I have a celeron 466 @ 700. It used to have a golden orb on it and i could only get it to boot at 581, but now with my new alpha it runs perfactly stable at 700. or you could possibly get a peltier kit for it and it would be fine, but most kits are designed with alpha's in mind.

Chuffmaster2k

Jul 16, 2000
I don't know what to say. I have a Golden Orb on my Celeron II 566@850. The golden orb is not hot at all and I am running at 1.75v. Good Luck.