It is possible that Democrats will gain, not lose in November. Here's why/how.

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
Thanks didnt know that. As long as theyre all counted, does it matter?
The point of delaying counting mail in ballots is to delay the results and cast doubt on the outcomes or stop counting once republicans are ahead. Remember this?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Thanks didnt know that. As long as theyre all counted, does it matter?

It was not exactly smooth sailing in 20 given the Trump caused circus that occurred. Would be much better if all states tabulated as ballots came in so everything is done by that night or the next day at the latest, aside from recounts and states that allow late mail.

Reactions: vi edit

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Hmm

We just might get a boon in disguise if Pelosi retires.. will she though?

Desperately need new generational leadership tailored towards helping Millenials and Gen Z, not just boomers
Pelosi giving her first interview with Anderson. While she obviously didn’t give an answer what she’d do if Dems lose the majority. But the determination on her face said the attack has definitely influenced what she plans to do come January. I feel she’s fighting no matter what being majority or minority

Reactions: Number1

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Hmm

We just might get a boon in disguise if Pelosi retires.. will she though?

Desperately need new generational leadership tailored towards helping Millenials and Gen Z, not just boomers
Since the House is almost certainly lost, she's going to retire. Being in the minority party in the House means you have zero power. Although I agree that we do need younger leadership, I wouldn't say Pelosi has a history of favoring boomers. Considering the very narrow "majority" that Dems held these 22 months, the legislation they managed to pass is almost a miracle.

538 has nearly it's final election forecast, and the Dems are projected to lose both houses of Congress:

Most likely the Repugs end up with 51 or 52 Senators, but I guess we can still hope that blue turnout tomorrow in NV and GA will surprise.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I guess we can still hope that blue turnout tomorrow in NV and GA will surprise.

I won't hold my breath on NV. Latino's are very religious and that's prime ground for Religious Brainwashing. Better off hoping PA and WI might have some common sense to get their heads out of their asses.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I won't hold my breath on NV. Latino's are very religious and that's prime ground for Religious Brainwashing. Better off hoping PA and WI might have some common sense to get their heads out of their asses.
You're crazy, NV is way more of a toss-up than WI is. If you look at the 538 Senate projections, there are really only 5 contests and the 5th one is slightly debatable: 72% to win for the Democrat Hassan in New Hampshire. Latinos are indeed religious, but Latinos in the West vote differently from Southern Texans, for example. Best case scenario for Dems is exactly 50 Senate seats, but that's not the likeliest scenario right now.

I realize people consider NV a 50/50 state, but I think in a more normal environment, Democrats have a very slight edge (say couple percentage points). Unfortunately, Democratic candidates are running against the tide/Biden right now; and everyone is blaming POTUS for high inflation (gas is nearly $5/gal in NV).

Fetterman is slightly favored in PA; and crazy as it is, Herschel fucking Walker is a small favorite in Georgia according to 538 (the polls are nearly dead even, so it's going to boil down to turnout). What a sad joke that arguably the worst Senate candidate in modern history could be sworn into duty in 2 months.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
My questions for this election are:

Who turned out? Base voters of each party? New voters? Women? Minorities? Young voters? Old?

How many if any upsets were there?

If it’s a base voter turnout election, I won’t have high hopes for our country. Any other result will be a win in my book, assuming…No major upsets (as in anything that wasn’t predicted).

If democrats win and maintain, I will remain on the fence about the strength of our democracy.

If democrats gain seats (especially in the senate), I will be optimistic that we can weather through this democracy rough patch.

Making predictions is pretty pointless but based on history, a high turnout election does favor the democrats and that’s what’s helping me sleep at night;)

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
My questions for this election are:

Who turned out? Base voters of each party? New voters? Women? Minorities? Young voters? Old?
Early voting showing people aren’t sitting out because it’s only a midterm. That will favour Dems. New voters like in the Kansas primary was over 80% young females. So another plus for the Dems. And the impact of covid deaths on the Rep side is a huge unknown. Will this be enough to maintain control, and e can only hope.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Considering how badly it turned out last time and then they attempted a coup after losing why would Republican rule be better? Don’t you dislike coups?
If what they attempted was a coup, we have nothing to worry about. The dipshits got bored half way through and started playing with their phones. Walmart on black Friday is a far more dangerous environment.

Edit: Fixed the partial quote.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
If what they attempted was a coup, we have nothing to worry about. The dipshits got bored half way through and started playing with their phones. Walmart on black Friday is a far more dangerous environment.
Tell the hundreds of injuries officers. Oh wait, the rioters were “unarmed”

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Replacing the tax and spend democrats with the tax and spend republican's is going to be

What they attempted was absolutely a coup and we have a lot to worry about because they will try again.

Trump explicitly conspired with large numbers of Republican lawmakers across all three branches of government to overturn the results of a free and fair election. That is an undeniable fact. If you don’t think that’s a coup attempt you’re nuts.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
What they attempted was absolutely a coup and we have a lot to worry about because they will try again.

Trump explicitly conspired with large numbers of Republican lawmakers across all three branches of government to overturn the results of a free and fair election. That is an undeniable fact. If you don’t think that’s a coup attempt you’re nuts.

they guy just compared Jan 6th as not nearly as bad as a Walmart on Black Friday. You could convince him there was a T-Rex doing crime in anarchistic NYC easier than have him ever realize there was ever an attempt to overthrow democracy.

That is why ultimately, he is as bad as the Q people. The end result will be the same.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
538's system can be (and probably is) gamed by partisan pollsters. I assume that the D situation is better than their model. Doesn't mean that they won't lose both houses, but that IMO their odds are better in the senate.

Reactions: Jaskalas

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

still on after two years of facts. Concede? No, just ignore facts and redefine words.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Lot of federal prison sentences handed out as a result of excessive enthusiasm at your local Walmart?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Lot of federal prison sentences handed out as a result of excessive enthusiasm at your local Walmart?
Must have been a really good deal on microwaves inside the Capitol.

shutterstock_1889190778_1.2e16d0ba.fill-1600x775.jpg

Reactions: soundforbjt

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Some of the local guys at my Target like to heavily beat the cops in the parking lot with poles flying big Trump flags just as a friendly hello.

Just dudes being dudes you know.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Some of the local guys at my Target like to heavily beat the cops in the parking lot with poles flying big Trump flags just as a friendly hello.

Just dudes being dudes you know.
Every time I go to CostCo there's tear gas and bear spray being shot everywhere. Turns out it's not a big deal, they just do samples on that like they do with the cheese and when customers get excited about a sale things can get a little rowdy. Seems like a bad idea to me but CostCo is very successful so they must know what they're doing.

Reactions: iRONic

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Well if we didn't have a party that is gaslighting it's moronic base into thinking that any delayed results are causes for voting fraud or giving more time to feed into bullshit obstruction tactics, no. It shouldn't matter. But that's not the reality we are living in.
Bottom line is, dummies can say what they want. It doesnt matter so its hot air.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Every time I go to CostCo there's tear gas and bear spray being shot everywhere. Turns out it's not a big deal, they just do samples on that like they do with the cheese and when customers get excited about a sale things can get a little rowdy. Seems like a bad idea to me but CostCo is very successful so they must know what they're doing.
You guys are missing out on the nail gun sampling at the local home improvement stores.