It is possible that Democrats will gain, not lose in November. Here's why/how.

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I truly have no sympathy for people who will vote for him. He is basically telling people to vote for him because he's the most unqualified for the job.

Yeah, "vote for me because I'm stoopid just like you" is a hell of a campaign strategy ...

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
1st football star, then brief stint in mma (2-0 record on tv), now preacher?

I do give him props for doing the debate knowing he's going to get trounced.
Don't forget his not so brief stint as someone with very serious mental health issues who has repeatedly threatened to kill himself and/or various other family members, people selling him cars, etc.

He's probably suffering from CTE and potentially other issues and while I hope he gets help for them someone this mentally ill should not be anywhere near power.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
1st football star, then brief stint in mma (2-0 record on tv), now preacher?

I do give him props for doing the debate knowing he's going to get trounced.

He's very religious but I don't think he was ever a preacher.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeah I just can't accept a single reason a person with a healthy relationship with reality would ever vote for Walker.

Like Oz, he wasn't even a Georgia resident until Trump convinced him to run.

So there's that. Warnock has lived and served there his whole life.

As far a good Christian man, Warnock has been a pastor or under the direction of one most of his adult life.

How dare he want to expand medicaid so more have access to health care or secure voting rights.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Oh look, yet another Trump-backed shit stain running for Congress.

So when this guy was in college, he

made comments in the early 2000s praising an organization trying to repeal the 19th Amendment which also argued that women’s suffrage had made the United States into a “totalitarian state.”

and

As a student at Stanford University in the early 2000s, Gibbs founded a self-described “think tank” called the Society for the Critique of Feminism that argued women did not “posess (sic) the characteristics necessary to govern,” and said men were smarter than women because they are more likely to “think logically about broad and abstract ideas in order to deduce a suitable conclusion, without relying upon emotional reasoning.”

And his website, which he tried to have removed from wayback in 2016, said this:

“We conclude that increasing the size and scope of government is unequivocally bad,” Gibbs added. “And since women’s suffrage has caused this to occur on a larger scale than any other cause in history, we conclude that the United States has suffered as a result of women’s suffrage.”

His campaign says he was just kidding around, trying to pwn the libtards. Really, that is his explanation.

Too bad it's MI-003 where no democrat has won in decades. This was formerly Justin Amash's district.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Oh look, yet another Trump-backed shit stain running for Congress.

So when this guy was in college, he

and

And his website, which he tried to have removed from wayback in 2016, said this:

His campaign says he was just kidding around, trying to pwn the libtards. Really, that is his explanation.

Too bad it's MI-003 where no democrat has won in decades. This was formerly Justin Amash's district.

Did anyone mention the other GQP congressional candidate that swears he was in combat in Afghanistan while he was really loading planes in peaceful Qatar?

• Haha
Reactions: Lezunto

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Latest RCP polls not looking good for Dems.

Wonder if its just the Trafalgar bias or consistent..

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Latest RCP polls not looking good for Dems.

Wonder if its just the Trafalgar bias or consistent..

I can't see how that's possible. Aside from the fed hiking rates again, it's literally been a non-stop flood of good news and/or just outright terrible news for all things GQP. And, Lindsay Graham keeps blathering about a full nationwide abortion ban.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I can't see how that's possible. Aside from the fed hiking rates again, it's literally been a non-stop flood of good news and/or just outright terrible news for all things GQP. And, Lindsay Graham keeps blathering about a full nationwide abortion ban.
dropping stock market will counter all the stuff Repubs have done.
remember, voters have a 3month political memory.
and it's 3months till mid term elections.
sigh..

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
sigh..

I don’t know anything about correlations between the stock market and midterm elections, but a relief rally sure would be nice.

Edit: the flip side of this, oil is reaching 2022 lows. Taking a 6% dump today.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
sigh..

Regression to the mean.

In the end, economy/inflation will rule supreme and GOP will win both chambers.

In the end, "gas prices" will be the new "at least the trains run on time."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: iRONic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Regression to the mean.

In the end, economy/inflation will rule supreme and GOP will win both chambers.

In the end, "gas prices" will be the new "at least the trains run on time."
Guys the guy who thought Republicans would win more than 100% of the available Senate seats has more election predictions for us.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I may make my first ever political donation.

This auto mechanic female is running against the Trumpet in the WA district that Hererra-Buetler lost to.

Talk about a blue collar democrat that can speak to a huge audience.

Last edited: