It is possible that Democrats will gain, not lose in November. Here's why/how.

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Two ominous signs this week for GQP senate candidates ...

1) JD Vance scheduling a rally in Ohio w/Trump during the same time that OSU and Toledo play in Columbus. Just tone deaf and goes to show how much he understands his constituents and their interests.
2) Polling in Utah is showing that Evan McMullin is leading the incumbent. Utah. Now it's an internal poll but still an odd result.

Winds are definitely blowing on the senate races. Barring something major, I'd still expect Ds to pick up seats there.
I still can't believe that Walker is even close and in one poll leading against Warnock.

Reactions: hal2kilo

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I still can't believe that Walker is even close and in one poll leading against Warnock.

I find myself amazed a bit too but then I remember how utterly soulless and character free the vast majority of the republicans in this country are. They are beyond hope and cannot be part of a solution to move this country forward. We are going to have to arrange a breakup.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Damn the pretzels these repugicans are tying themselves into. And Miss Lindsay is actually one of the smarter ones. That orange koolaid is one slow acting poison.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Damn the pretzels these repugicans are tying themselves into. And Miss Lindsay is actually one of the smarter ones. That orange koolaid is one slow acting poison.

He think's he's going to cleverly split abortion support at the 15 week line because he read some polling. The reality is that all anybody is going to hear is REPUBLICANS PROPOSE NATIONAL ABORTION BAN.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

chuck Morse, president of NH senate, lost his primary bid for repub US senator of NH.
I'm assuming he was MAGA since it was re-tweeted by lincoln Project?
Morse isn't MAGA but lost to Bolduc, who is, and has endorsed the Big Lie that Trump won.

The prevailing thought is that Bolduc will be less likely to win in the general election compared to Morse, who is comparatively more moderate (which doesn't say much when the reference point is off the rails crazy)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Morse isn't MAGA but lost to Bolduc, who is, and has endorsed the Big Lie that Trump won.

The prevailing thought is that Bolduc will be less likely to win in the general election compared to Morse, who is comparatively more moderate (which doesn't say much when the reference point is off the rails crazy)
Ah.. basic strategy the Dems are using in Repub primaries.
Dem superPacs hyping up the maga candidate during the primary so it's easier for the Dem to win on election day?

Feb 4, 2009
Dem superPacs hyping up the maga candidate during the primary so it's easier for the Dem to win on election day?
I keep hearing this is a unethical/playing with fire strategy but in my opinion it’s time to do something different and I totally support this idea.
If it backfires feel free to call me out & I will admit I was wrong.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

It's not just the Dems. McConnel supported Morse in NH with ads and money. Or something related to Turtle face fuck.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The fact of the matter is even if most of these MAGA candidates lost in swing states, it won't be by much. And that's scary as fuck. The GQP voters are still nuts. The fact that any race in the general is close in Georgia or Arizona is also scary as fuck. I don't care if Warnock wins by 2 points, that's fucking insane anyways. This country is in deep shit no matter if the Dems gain a couple seats in the Senate and flip some governorships. Too many ignorant, willfully ignorant, or plain ole shitstains in this country at this point.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Walked past the Faux News bldg in NYC.
Couldn't help but gag at their propaganda which is the whole side of their bldg.

No idea where to post this so put it here

Attachments

• IMG_20220916_125111.jpg
    IMG_20220916_125111.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 47