It Begins: Moseley-Braun To Drop Out and Endorse Dean

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
AP

DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Illinois Sen. Carol Moseley Braun (news - web sites), whose presidential campaign never got off the ground, will drop out of the race and endorse front-runner Howard Dean (news - web sites), campaign officials said Wednesday.

Officials close to the Dean campaign confirmed that they expected Braun to officially endorse the former Vermont governor Thursday in Iowa. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity.

Dean campaign officials declined comment.

The officials said Braun approached Dean after a recent debate and told him she was considering leaving the race and backing him

EDIT: She was just on the Daily Show (they tape in the late afternoon I think) and she didn't give a hint that she was dropping out. Although I heard this was going to happen since yesterday, it still comes as a surprise.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
Moseley-Braun To Drop Out and Endorse Dean
I guess that means that Dean picks up one vote (hers).

Buahahahahah!!!

rolleye.gif

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
I cant wait until Kerry, Gephart, Clark, Lieberman, and Edwards drop. I want to see them try to keep a strait face as they endorse Dean, after they have attacked every bit of his record.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: HelloDeli
I cant wait until Kerry, Gephart, Clark, Lieberman, and Edwards drop. I want to see them try to keep a strait face as they endorse Dean, after they have attacked every bit of his record.

Do you want the Dean campaign to send you hand lotion and a box of Kleenex for those moments?

mfs378

May 19, 2003

Dean is doing his best to hit back, if you haven't noticed. This despite his earlier 'take the high road' approach. And Clark hasn't gone negative. :)

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
Originally posted by: mfs378

Dean is doing his best to hit back, if you haven't noticed. This despite his earlier 'take the high road' approach. And Clark hasn't gone negative. :)

Yes, I have noticed. Im just saying it will be hypocritical if/when they do drop and the following day end up on stage next to him holding hands.

Do you want the Dean campaign to send you hand lotion and a box of Kleenex for those moments?

Um.....yeah. Have you mistaken me for a Bush supporter, or was that just reflex?

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000

Unlike some other neocons, heartsurgeon here doesn't believe in wit, humour, nor any measure of sophistication when he makes his jokes...
rolleye.gif

In any case... back to the news: my how the dominoes are falling... :D

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000

Um.....yeah. Have you mistaken me for a Bush supporter, or was that just reflex?

I wouldn't insult you by calling you a Bush supporter. I could just tell that you don't appreciate the Democratic field much and I responded to your useless drivel with some of my own. :D

CrazyHelloDeli

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2001
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

I wouldn't insult you by calling you a Bush supporter. I could just tell that you don't appreciate the Democratic field much and I responded to your useless drivel with some of my own. :D

Fair enough.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Unlike some other neocons, heartsurgeon here doesn't believe in wit, humour, nor any measure of sophistication when he makes his jokes
I guess that means Dean picked up two votes......

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Unlike some other neocons, heartsurgeon here doesn't believe in wit, humour, nor any measure of sophistication when he makes his jokes
I guess that means Dean picked up two votes......

I think thats so bad its funny. ;)

shurato

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2000
In my opinion, I like Wesley Clark alot more than Dean....I still don't understand how he's so popular? Is it his emphatic anti-war stance?

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

Buahahahahah!!!

rolleye.gif

Sharpton has more followers than her. And you can bet Sharpton wont drop out, or ever endorse Dean.

I agree. Sharpton's taking his delegates all the way to the Convention.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
i actually like Sharpton and think he is an amazing public speaker.
for the record, i am not one of his "constituents" and therefore would never vote for him.
that said, i do believe he is a very savvy politician..he is angling to oust Jesse Jackson from the role of titular leader of Black Americans.
i agree, he will not "give" his endorsement to anyone//he will go to the convention and expect to horsetrade his support for something substantial...the Democrats absolutely need Black Americans to vote in large numbers for them to win. If he emerges as the leader of such a large block of votes, he will become quite powerful.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Lets list a couple who have now endorsed him...

Moseley-Bruan. Er, yeah. She was a joke, and still is.

Michael Moore. Yeah...

Al Gore. The guy who did just about everything to lose the Presidency practically handed over to him by Clinton.

I hope for a good showing by Edwards or Kerry, though they still don't have a chance against Bush. At least the Democrats will have some sense in them and put up decent fights in the future then... with Dean, god no.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
Lets list a couple who have now endorsed him...

Moseley-Bruan. Er, yeah. She was a joke, and still is.

Michael Moore. Yeah...

Al Gore. The guy who did just about everything to lose the Presidency practically handed over to him by Clinton.

I hope for a good showing by Edwards or Kerry, though they still don't have a chance against Bush. At least the Democrats will have some sense in them and put up decent fights in the future then... with Dean, god no.

Actually hasn't Michael Moore endorsed Clark?

But anyway - I hardly see this as starting anything. It was more like - "it's about time" :p Braun has no chance - never had a chance - will never have a chance. The best she can hope for is an appointment to a position. Saying "take the men-only sign off the whitehouse" will only get you so far - you have to have A LOT more than that as your claim to fame.
IMO ofcourse;)

CkG

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
If she's not going to accept the humiliation of receiving 0% of the vote, then she never should've ran.

I think she's a coward for dropping out before any votes are cast, and an idiot for running in the first place.

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
If she's not going to accept the humiliation of receiving 0% of the vote, then she never should've ran.
Don't you get it? she never expected to finish the run for pres..she is OUT OF WORK....she wants back in to suckle on the Federal teat...she can't get elected, so she is trying to cobble together some minimal suport, or at least look like "the voice of Black America and women" so that she can "pledge" her support (and presumably votes) to a more powerful Dem., so she can get another cushy job somewhere (how about ambassador to Jamaica, or somewhere else sunny and warm with lots of nice beachfront!). Now, unfortunately for her, Al Sharpton actually has made her irrelevant, he's sharper, more engaging, and critical of even Dean!