It’s official, Donald Trump wants to finish off the Republican Party for good in 2024

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I didnt know where else to put this...It seems Trump says something more outlandish every day, but this takes the cake.

Donald Trump calls for the 'termination' of the United States Constitution over 2020 loss (msn.com)

"So, with the revelation of MASSIVE & WIDESPREAD FRAUD & DECEPTION in working closely with Big Tech Companies, the DNC, & the Democrat Party, do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,"

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
No he’s right. Scrape the 300 year old parchment paper. Keep 1A. Just make sure people understand this is government can’t restrict not private businesses. 2A, restrict to handguns. Voting, rebalance state’s voting power and make all popular vote, not a set of electorates

• Haha
Reactions: Drach

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
No he’s right. Scrape the 300 year old parchment paper. Keep 1A. Just make sure people understand this is government can’t restrict not private businesses. 2A, restrict to handguns. Voting, rebalance state’s voting power and make all popular vote, not a set of electorates

nah, restrict gun ownership to those part of a state run militia, monthly weekends, physical fitness requirements, and yearly mental health evaluations.

Move voting back to popular votes.

besides, trump is only saying what the GOP voters are actually voting for, wittingly or not. I mean, I haven’t met a GOP voter IRL that actually knows whats In the constitution.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
Remember how many times Trump talked about following the Constitution? Even took an oath to defend it. Here he is saying to not follow the Constitution.
914ECFCD-70AD-4C4E-80D9-36D5ED409D0E.jpeg

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I disagree. 2A shouldnt be restricted further.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Yawn, classic dipshit post by blackangst

I know, it’s a lot or words, but maybe read it.
Your link said this:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Which I agree with. Especially the shall not be infringed part. We have too many restrictions on guns as it is. Youll not convince me otherwise so dont bother. Im a purist.

Sorrynotsorry.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Your link said this:

Which I agree with. Especially the shall not be infringed part. We have too many restrictions on guns as it is. Youll not convince me otherwise so dont bother. Im a purist.

Sorrynotsorry.

no, you’re not a “purist”.

there’s not much (some states are) well regulated about the state of our country WRT gun violence.

if you’re not open to the text of the constitution, that’s a you problem. Don’t pretend like you care when someone like Trump, who still holds sway over a huge portion of voters, doesn’t care for it.

nice how it’s not-especially the “well regulated militia” part.

I am jacks complete lack of surprise

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
no, you’re not a “purist”.

there’s not much (some states are) well regulated about the state of our country WRT gun violence.

if you’re not open to the text of the constitution, that’s a you problem. Don’t pretend like you care when someone like Trump, who still holds sway over a huge portion of voters, doesn’t care for it.

nice how it’s not-especially the “well regulated militia” part.

I am jacks complete lack of surprise
Whatever you say. Im not going to convince you to agree with me, and youre not going to convince me to agree with you. So there we are. All thats left is name calling and personal insults so fire away.

And yes. Im a purist. I think most gun restrictions that exist go too far and should be overturned.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Whatever you say. Im not going to convince you to agree with me, and youre not going to convince me to agree with you. So there we are. All thats left is name calling and personal insults so fire away.

And yes. Im a purist. I think most gun restrictions that exist go too far and should be overturned.

I think 98% of people can use guns responsibly. 1.8% are criminals. 0.2% are nutjobs.

But its the 0.2% that go around and commit mass shootings because they can't control their emotions that worries me the most!

You might be a purist but at this point you have to realize that to keep the families of those 98% safe.. the 0.2 need to surrender their weapons!

We might have taken care of criminals not having access to fire arms but we've not taken care of the nutjobs!

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I think 98% of people can use guns responsibly. 1.8% are criminals. 0.2% are nutjobs.

But its the 0.2% that go around and commit mass shootings because they can't control their emotions that worries me the most!

You might be a purist but at this point you have to realize that to keep the families of those 98% safe.. the 0.2 need to surrender their weapons!

We might have taken care of criminals not having access to fire arms but we've not taken care of the nutjobs!

And how do you propose to do that?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

lol he’s not a purist. A purist wouldn’t be emphasizing the part of the 2A that makes his feels all tingly while ignoring the beginning

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
And how do you propose to do that?

Red flag laws.

You know the kind of people that talk about intentional violence, lashing out at others.

At some point you have to say you're not stupid if you get bad feelings from someone based on their intentions and vocal claims.

I don't completely agree with Kirsten Sinema but she's right on the red flag laws.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

You’re welcome to lie to yourself all you want.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999

What restrictions go too far?

Why is someone mature enough to start owning a gun at 18 when most states don’t consider ready for them to drink until 21?

Shouldn’t one be required to show one is capable to handling a gun before being able to get one? Why is it necessary to get a drivers license but not gun owners?

As “a purist” shouldn’t you go back to your musket? When are you going to demand a drone or nuke because muh rights muh freedoms.

And please actually answer these questions instead of your normal glossing over it

Reactions: Linux23
Feb 4, 2009

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Why is someone mature enough to start owning a gun at 18 when most states don’t consider ready for them to drink until 21?

Shouldn’t one be required to show one is capable to handling a gun before being able to get one? Why is it necessary to get a drivers license but not gun owners?

As “a purist” shouldn’t you go back to your musket? When are you going to demand a drone or nuke because muh rights muh freedoms.

And please actually answer these questions instead of your normal glossing over it

Why cant you just have ALL the guns in Texas and then sane gun laws everywhere else? Then anyone who is emotional attached at the hip to his glock can stay/move to Texas... Concentrate the problem to one state.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

All of them.

Age of consent issues.

Im FOR training, but against firearm type. I think it should be OK to own a rocket launcher.

wut?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
All of them.

Im FOR training, but against firearm type. I think it should be OK to own a rocket launcher.
I agree. Most people will say, “what about accidents with high powered weaponry”, but I’ll just point out that’s what we have a legal system for.

So if for example my mortar shot goes awry hits your house, kills your family and paralyzes you for life, you or your estate would have recourse through the courts for damages from my mistake while we all got to enjoy our un infringed 2nd amendment rights.

Reactions: blackangst1