It’s just so terribly sad that the DOJ and DC politicions

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
….caught between a rock and a hard place when it comes to holding Trump accountable for the criminal he is. Let’s just stick our heads in the sand until the storm blows over. It’ just not reasonable or practice to pursue justice. And if we did, the nut cases in the country, the ones must prone to violence would be the side offended. So sad, but we can’t have that side of the political spectrum getting all mad. It’s not like liberals have pitchforks or will do anything but complain. Just let the frog boil. Soon enough they will all fall back to sleep.

Last edited:

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I'd say let this one go. While clearly enough to charge, not a clear cut case to win. The fake electorates and Georgia case far more likely to end in conviction.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
DISGUSTING!

To Garland: " If the Justice Department has weighed obstruction charges against Trump and decided not to bring them, Eliason said the public deserves an explanation."

Reactions: hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I'd say let this one go. While clearly enough to charge, not a clear cut case to win. The fake electorates and Georgia case far more likely to end in conviction.
I want to hear that from a jury. The odds of that acting as a convenient way to avoid wrath on the right is too high for me to take on faith, in my opinion. I think the powers that be are actively avoiding their ethical responsibilities to the point of obviousness.

if that bastard only avoided incitement because he was President then he fucking can be now he’s out of office.

Reactions: iRONic

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Not sure this is a hill to die on. The criminal will continue to criminal. He will get caught and I agree that the January 6th Committee, NYAG’s case on his inflated assets and the GA Grand Jury are the best ways to get this guy the residency he deserves.

Reactions: hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I want to hear that from a jury. The odds of that acting as a convenient way to avoid wrath on the right is too high for me to take on faith, in my opinion. I think the powers that be are actively avoiding their ethical responsibilities to the point of obviousness.

if that bastard only avoided incitement because he was President then he fucking can be now he’s out of office.
DOJ has to take all the time they need because...
“When you strike at a king, you must kill him.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

If Trump doesn't get convicted it would almost guarantee he will get re-elected.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
The only way I will feel good about the 2024 election is if Trump is in prison.
Why? Far better to have a known quantity with excess baggage that even at his apex couldn't win a popar vote. Much bigger risk in my opinion to have someone rousing the same disaffected grievances but who is instead actually competent and not a complete idiot. Trump on the ticket is likely best case scenario for dems.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
DOJ has to take all the time they need because...

If Trump doesn't get convicted it would almost guarantee he will get re-elected.
I think you're gaming the last election fears. Ther has been more divulged about his corruption even in the last year, and the shifting dynamics of demographics (older voters dying off at disproportionate rates due to covid and other causes) are not likely going to be kind to the electoral power of his base.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Why? Far better to have a known quantity with excess baggage that even at his apex couldn't win a popar vote. Much bigger risk in my opinion to have someone rousing the same disaffected grievances but who is instead actually competent and not a complete idiot. Trump on the ticket is likely best case scenario for dems.
Except there is too much cultish behavior related to the Trumpkin. Reason has no place.
I was subconsciously thinking about a particularly new Governor when that name popped into my head..

Reactions: uclaLabrat

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
We'll have to consult Senate Majority Leaders Manchin and Sinema to see if they'll approve of prosecuting Trump for those numerous crimes he's committed before Biden, Shumer and Pelosi can get the ball rolling on that and anything else the Dems want to get accomplished before November comes a-calling.