It’s 9-11 and the headlines are dominated by...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Trump... most everything he does is just...

Jackie-Chan-WTF-Meme.png

How he got into power... it's just... ^

He is just so beyond... I'm at a complete loss for words.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I gotta admit, CNN feels a bit "Trump Heavy" as usual today:

1599841274705.png

The top story is climate change related, and the next two are Trump related. 9/11 is just two links on the page.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Easy there big fella no need to preach to the choir, you are not saying anything i dont already know. IMO today of all days should be a day of remembrance of those that had to choose between jumping to their deaths or burning alive. Not to mention all the heroes from first responders and civilians that sacrificed everything to help out their fellow man. We can talk about covid and trump tomorrow, but not today.
Fair enough now that I know your intent. Still the wrong forum. ;) I also see you understand you jumped the gun as there is plenty of coverage.

Add a ABC special to the list -

https://abc.com/news/insider/watch-...n-the-abc-app-and-hulu?cid=email_ABC_20200911

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I gotta admit, CNN feels a bit "Trump Heavy" as usual today:

View attachment 29657

The top story is climate change related, and the next two are Trump related. 9/11 is just two links on the page.

9/11 isn't a clear and present threat facing humanity today, unlike the Orange Menace and actual fires.

Anyway, we can all talk about many things at once. What you or I demand be the focal point of any particular news agencies at any particular time based on our fleeting whims matters little.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
9/11 isn't a clear and present threat facing humanity today, unlike the Orange Menace and actual fires.

Anyway, we can all talk about many things at once. What you or I demand be the focal point of any particular news agencies at any particular time based on our fleeting whims matters little.
There is something valid to your point. On 9/11 nearly 3000 people tragically died and there was virtually nothing I as a news reader could do to prevent this in the future. With Covid-19, nearly 6000 people die per day and this is almost entirely preventable--there is a lot that I can do to prevent some of this death.

9/11 news is important. But Covid-19 news is important AND actionable.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001

It could also be a demonstration of "editorial slant", depending on who you ask.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened (probably during the 2016 presidential election), but at some point CNN stopped pretending to be unbiased source of news and went into full Trump hatred mode. I'm sure that it improved their ratings, but it doesn't mean that it's a good thing. Other news sites like NPR still do a decent job if hiding their liberal bias under a cloak of academic smugness, so I can still handle reading it.

Personally, I like it when I can read the news and make up my own mind on who's fault the problem is. I don't like it when others (liberal or conservative) try to make that decision for me.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
It could also be a demonstration of "editorial slant", depending on who you ask.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened (probably during the 2016 presidential election), but at some point CNN stopped pretending to be unbiased source of news and went into full Trump hatred mode. I'm sure that it improved their ratings, but it doesn't mean that it's a good thing. Other news sites like NPR still do a decent job if hiding their liberal bias under a cloak of academic smugness, so I can still handle reading it.
Or it could be you finding what you want to find while reading between the lines. I posted a CNN screenshot earlier in this thread with plenty of 9/11 data. It had a red bar across the screen with live coverage and a whole tab "Remembering 9/11" filled with tons of 9/11 articles. Your screenshot even had that same tab front and center. But, of course, this means in your opinion that CNN has a slant.

All news sites have a slant. But if you assume a site has a slant, then that is all you will see. Try assuming the opposite so that you can actually read news.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001

Media is all shit. "Reporters" like Stelter and his like (on both sides) are lower than timeshare salesman and maybe better than sex traffickers. The internet has made things 1000 times worse. Every retard with an internet connection can start a site and just post random shit whether its true or not.

renz20003

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2011

Media is all shit. "Reporters" like Stelter and his like (on both sides) are lower than timeshare salesman and maybe better than sex traffickers. The internet has made things 1000 times worse. Every retard with an internet connection can start a site and just post random shit whether its true or not.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous