Issues with the range of bluetooth speaker

Dustin Leland

Jan 29, 2018
Hi everyone. I know my first post in forum should be the post in "Introduction new member" topic but I can't find it, so I decided to put my problem straightly in this topic
2 weeks ago, I bought a bluetooth speaker named Bose Soundlink Mini II. In the first week, it's great, good sound quality, good bass. But after that, there are some problems in connection between the speaker with my laptop. If I want to listen music wirelessly, I must put the speaker right next to the laptop. I i put them away about 5 metters, it will play distorted or choppy sound. I just can't bring it to anywhere and it's not like a bluetooth speaker anymore. I've tried to uninstall the driver, reinstall the driver, reset the speaker, reset the laptop but nothing happened. However, if I connect the speaker with my iPhone, the range of bluetooth works fine. My laptop is a HP laptop.
Can you help me please

Last edited:

John Carmack

Sep 10, 2016
I have a JBL bluetooth speaker which works flawless with various phones but when used with my Windows PC (Intel wifi/BT card) it gives nothing but grief. I'd have to re-pair it after power cycling about 50/50 and I've even had it randomly drop connection while in use which necessitated re-pairing yet again. I think Windows just sucks at Bluetooth.

Dustin Leland

Jan 29, 2018
Yes. My friend who use Mac or IOS for connecting bluetooth devices haven't or just a little encountered the problem. I think I should consider buy Apple products when the budget is good enough. So now my problem is still has'nt solved. poor me :(

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
Your only option it seems is to try a usb BT dongle with the latest BT version. My BT dongle with Win10 seems to work when it wants to so don't expect it to be the perfect solution.