Issues with HD4600- freezing while streaming videos

judge17

Feb 21, 2015
Hi all,

I am running into an issue when I watch streaming videos. Everything starts off fine but eventually the video will freeze while the audio continues. It only freezes for a frame or two and then re-syncs. This is on a brand i5 with HD 4600 and 12 GB of ram running 8.1. I have updated the Intel video drivers but it did not fix the issue. I am running the computer's hdmi output to a receiver and then to a TV. I had a much older computer with a gt240 and never ran into this problem.:confused:

I searched the forums here, but not find someone with a similar issue. What am I missing? What would be causing this issue?

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
What kind of video are you playing? May be a codec issue. I assume you made a fresh install since your last PC.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
On my i3 with HD4400 with Windows 8.1, flash in Firefox plays horribly but plays just fine in IE and sometimes Chrome depending on stream quality.

However in Linux, omg it's night and day in difference and plays wonderfully. lol

Also as mentioned, it could also be a codec thing too.

Nov 20, 2009
Hmm, on my HP Stream mini with a Celeron CPU and vanilla graphics I can playback 1080P streams off of YT just fine through IE11 and FF36 (at full screen; Chrome sucks). This is under Windows 8.1 with Bing and only 2GB of RAM.

On my main PC with Intel 4600 graphics (and 16GB of RAM, i7) the sucking Chrome issue only sucks a little, but it still worse than FF/IE.

judge17

Feb 21, 2015
Thanks Guys,

Yes I have the latest version of Flash and can see the animation on the test page. But we may be on to something concerning the browser. I do not have the frame freezing problem in Chrome. I use FF as my primary, as I like the greater customization it offers with add-ons such as NoScript and Self- Destructing Cookies. Guess I need to see what the Chrome equivalents are.

It just seems change that I did not have this problem before with FF with slower hardware.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
IE is basicly the only browser you can rely on consistently with flash videos.

So if you got an issue, always try in IE and see if its there or not. If not, then its a browser issue.