Issues with ASRock Z370 Extreme & 8700K

Kurt hutley

Apr 27, 2018
I am starting to wander if my motherboard is faulty as i am having issues with my voltages when using offset when overclocking.

I can do 5ghz stable on manual voltage at 1.296 vcore which i'm happy with that but when using offset say I use -70 and it's stable with a top voltage of 1.328 I save the configuration and it works fine for a bit and then it seems the voltage changes on the exact same -70 settings and profile, the voltage no longer gets up to 1.328 and tops out at say 1.28 and it's unstable again.

Basically what I am saying is for example if use -70 offset voltage this means 1.32 one day and 1.28 the next day it's the same with any profile I set up it keeps changing what the offset is producing power wise without me making any changes to any settings.
So -70 one day produces 1.328 vcore the next day -50 would be needed to produce 1.328 and then a few days later -50 would produce too high voltage 1.360 and -70 would be needed again for 1.328. LLC settings are always on level 1 so this doesn't change either.

So is my motherboard faulty as I have never had this before with any of my Asus boards using offset settings and it's doing my head in constantly having to tweek settings as the motherboard changes voltages for same offsets.

Last edited:

cris78

Aug 26, 2018
hello did you solve it? i have the same problem with you on extreme 4 and 8600k if i close the psu for 5 minutes then bios setings gone crazy