Issue With Jellybean and Notification Sounds

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by Red Storm, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

So I've noticed that in JB, on both a Nexus 4 and the Note 2, I receive a notification sound whenever I get a new Google Talk message. This is working as expected, however, whenever I open the app and am in the conversation window, I still get the notification sound for every incoming message. Obviously the sound should only be going off when the app is minimized, but it goes off even when I'm in the app.

Any ideas? Is this a known bug? My Google Fu failed as I only found posts about changing the sound. This was not a problem in ICS.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Issue Jellybean Notification Forum Date
    Airpods - strange issue while using PC Mobile Devices & Gadgets Wednesday at 3:25 PM
    Strange phone issue - refuses to power on for hours sometimes Mobile Devices & Gadgets Nov 1, 2016
    nexus 5x bugs... anyone have these issues? why can't google make a phone that does the basics right Mobile Devices & Gadgets Oct 15, 2016
    Need help - Weird charging issue with Nexus 6P Mobile Devices & Gadgets Oct 7, 2016
    Nexus Jellybean Niggles Mobile Devices & Gadgets May 10, 2013

3. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Nobody else has this issue? :\

4. Anubis

Anubis No Lifer

no one uses google talk :p

i have no idea ive never see the issue on any of the aps i use

5. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

:p

The first time I ever noticed it was with the Nexus 4, so I'm guessing it has to do with the latest version of JB. I also noticed the same problem on a Verizon Note 2. I basically have to switch to vibrate whenever I start chatting as the sound plays every time I get a message. :\

6. Nothinman

Nothinman Elite Member

I've been using JB via Cyanogenmod 10 on my Galaxy Nexus and the gtalk app has never done that.

7. ilkhan

ilkhan Golden Member

Are you getting duplicate sounds?
    I've always gotten the notification sound when an incoming message comes in, even if I'm in the app receiving them.

8. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

What you describe is how it is now, but before JB I never had this problem.