Issue with current camera, looking for possible replacement

iamloco724

Nov 16, 2011
I got the Sony DSC-HX20V about a year ago, this fall i started noticing specs and white dots in my shots, had some health issues so just started looking into this again it seems to be a dust issue, i tried a tip i saw about vacuuming it not sure that work

any other suggestions also at this point im looking to possibly replace it with a camera that is equal to it in specs but doesnt have this issue and another issue i have when using flash and doing a close up shot there is a shadow in the left or right corner

so i would like recommendations on a new digital camera as well, one that has a zoom equal to this or better and is good for low light events like concerts and sporting events

Budget i say willing to spend up to $350 if i could get away with cheaper that would be better

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
If you're happy with the camera, can you send it to Sony and have them clean it?

iamloco724

Nov 16, 2011
If you're happy with the camera, can you send it to Sony and have them clean it?

havnt looked into that route yet, but the issue to me with that is i would think im just going to run into the issue again it happened it less then a year so to have to keep sending it to them would be a pain due to turn around time and cost