Issue with 3D Games after I set up DUAL SCREENS (1 Monitor and 1 HDTV)

DarkFudge2000

Dec 11, 2000
Sorry for the repost, but perhaps PC Gaming folks here can provide some assistance in helping me solve my problem:

I just configured my ATI 3850 video card to run 2 desktop displays:

Desktop 1 = 21" Viewsonic Monitor (default) (resolution 1600x1200)

Desktop 2 = 42" Panasonic Plasma HDTV (1920x1080)

I was able to configure everything great and have my Panasonic HDTV act as the extra real estate for my desktop so I can drag windows and apps into it to open and view.

However, when I tried to Launch a few 3D games like Command and Conquer Generals and the new NBA 2K9 PC game, it wouldnt load onto my Panasonic screen it would still only load onto my default 21 monitor..I wanted to view the games in big screen on my Panny 42.

So I went back into the Catalyst Dual Driver Display and reconfigured the Panny to be the Primary desktop and my 21" to be the extended screen area. Everything worked find and now when I resynced the screens, my icons all transfered to the Panny and it appeared to be my Primary...Also the 3D games launced great on the HDTV fine...and looked really fantastic. So far so good

Now my problem is this:

I have reverted back to my old configuration to have my 21" Monitor as my primary desktop area. Now whenever I launch one of those 2 games, they seemed to have retained the pixel mapping (or resolution size ) of the Big 42" screen and I can only view the top corner of the screen when the game launches as if its still mapped to my 42" display and I cant figure out how to resync the 3D game back to fit onto my 21" monitor. because the game screen is magnified and I can only view the top corner of the screen, I cant see any of the menu Option buttons for the game to try and reset the resolutions...if that would even fix it?

So basically, Im trying to figure out how I can remap these 2 3d games back down to fit onto my 21" Monitor....and why did this happen in the first place?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance!

Cross-posting is not allowed. Please continue to use your original thread in Video here
-Anandtech PC Gaming Moderator
KeithTalent