issue when installing windows 7 on Z170A

vincedea

May 5, 2010
Hi guys,

So i just purchases the msi gaming m5 board and I am having issues installing windows 7. I keep getting the 0xc000000d error. I enabled the the windows 7 installation in bios before trying to install the OS.

i've been trying to figure this out for the past 12 hours. Please let me know what solutions are there. thank you guys.

I just want to get some sleep once i get into windows.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Now do you think an extra $30 dollars to save yourself 12 hours would have been worth it? ;)

Since I don't have that board, please be specific on what your components are, if you are trying to install Windows 7 from a USB drive or disc, and at what point do you get that error code? Before install, during, or at the end?

vincedea

May 5, 2010
Now do you think an extra $30 dollars to save yourself 12 hours would have been worth it? ;)

Since I don't have that board, please be specific on what your components are, if you are trying to install Windows 7 from a USB drive or disc, and at what point do you get that error code? Before install, during, or at the end?

LOL man i did start wishing that I had gotten the ud5 board. but i basically just skipped the windows 7 install and installed the windows 10 free upgrade.

I didnt even know I was able to do that. sigh. BUT windows 10 is kinda whack.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
You'll like Windows 10 better with Skylake and z170 better anyways.

I was the same trying to hold onto Windows 7, but after taking the plunge and after several big Windows 10 updates, it is working pretty good. All good things end at some point, and I did the exact same thing holding onto Windows 2000 when it was time to let go.

Plus, Microsoft announced going forward they won't be supporting Skylake on Windows 7 anymore with any more updates. I can't remember the date off-hand, but it's sometime this year.