Issue: buncha guys going to vegas. One guy's GF wants to tag along, no one else wants her...

THELAIR

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
COLES NOTES: buncha guys party'in it up in vegas for a week. Everyone leaving their GF's behind. One guys GF wants to come, no one wants her to come, but our buddy doesnt have the cash. GF says she will pay if she can come. What to do?
sorry no pics guys.

Okay so about 14 of my friends are all planning on a week long of drunkness and debauchery in vegas for an entire week at the end of July. 8 are confirmed so far and we have some hotel reservations made.

The issue is that all of the guys are ditching their girlfriends so that they can have fun, its kinda like a guys night out, but in vegas, and for an entire week hahaha...

anyways, one fo the guys girlfriends is insisting that she come along. I dont really care, but some of the other guys dont want her there, because they know that our friend will have to spend every waking moment with her and she needs contstant attention and everyone feels she will be a cramp in the side.

Heres the kicker though, my buddy wont have the cash in time (tuition, school costs etc) but his GF is willing to pay for it all, as long as she comes.

I think the issue is that she hasnt really travellled much before and is excited about the thought of a trip to vegas. Ive talked to her and she says she will be 'good' and not be a pain, but girls are evil and will say wahtever you want to hear in order to get their way. If this is handled properly it coudl work out well though. Im thinking that she come down later in teh week and return back with him and at least give him a few days with the guys, and when we go do guy stuff (strip clubs etc) that we can give her 'busy' things to do by herself...

its not a big issue yet, but it could and we definitly dont want our buddy to get stuck having to stay home cuz his girl wont let him go. He really wants to come, he hasnt been to vegas yet.

Any thoughts on this issue? I decided to open this up to the great minds here at AT-OT ;)

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The other people don't want her to come. That's about all that matters. Too bad for your buddy who doesn't have the cash to go, but under the circumstances it's better that he miss the trip.

Because you said it's a guy's week, she ought not to come.

Leave them both at home. If my girlfriend wanted to come along on a guy's only trip and I didn't have the cash, I'd take one for the team and stay home.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
What kranky said. Guys week out so to speak. Does she have a penis? I hope not. She's not invited. If the guy doesn't have the cash that's his problem.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Don't take her!!!

Can he get a loan? Can he borrow a little bit from each of the other people going?

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
Bring her with you as long as she agrees to a strip show in your room and give everyone a lap dance. If not, no dice.

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
If she's willing to hit the strip clubs with you, bring her along. :D

Otherwise, no.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
You tell your male friend that this is a guys only trip,you'd like him to come along but sans g/friend.He either finds a way to get the cash or he doesn't,dealing with her is his problem in this situation.

Oct 9, 1999
its july.. have him get a job and not take teh gf.

cause if someone in your group doesnt want her, its not going to go good.. the boys are not going to be boys and it will be horrid.

have him get a job.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: jumpr
Leave them both at home. If my girlfriend wanted to come along on a guy's only trip and I didn't have the cash, I'd take one for the team and stay home.

bingo

and if you all want him to go you can all collectivly lend him the money

THELAIR

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
such concensus on a single topic! amazing :)

i agree, just woudl suck not to have him down. We are thinking of helping by chipping in. The biggest out of pocket cost is air fare for most of us. He has 3 months to bank 300 a month until then. We'll see if he can do it.

:)

Aztech

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
Man, I've been in those type situations. I hate it when a woman doesn't get the hint about a guy-only event. It really changes the whole environment when a woman is present. Unless everyone is totally comfortable around her such that they can still talk about anything, including women. But they still couldn' t talk about her. No go.

Aztech

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
I have a cousin who won't do anything without his bitsh wife. We used to be good friends, but now I'd rather not see him in order to avoid her.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
man, if that girl goes and the other other gf find out there will be hell to pay for everyone.

your friend needs to stay home if he can't afford it.

Pass the hat for him, help him out.

If she truly must come, have her bring a friend, since she can pay for her. Then ditch the two of them for the week.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
No, he shouldn't make the entire party suffer for the benefit of himself. And he won't even benefit after he comes home with the-

Uh.... just say no. Where's the poll?

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: rh71
Looks like this dude and his gf are gettin' left behind. ;)
yep. last summer, me and my best friends went, and it was a good time. we went a couple months later, a couple of them brough their g.f's, and all they did was argue with them. hell, my homeboy was pissed at his girl, and we were out there for his birthday!

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
Originally posted by: rh71
Looks like this dude and his gf are gettin' left behind. ;)
yep. last summer, me and my best friends went, and it was a good time. we went a couple months later, a couple of them brough their g.f's, and all they did was argue with them. hell, my homeboy was pissed at his girl, and we were out there for his birthday!

um...he cant pay his own way and has $300 in the bank...WHY IS HE EVEN THINKING ABOUT GOING TO VEGAS!?

you guys are going to float him on food + drinks + cover charges?

TGregg

Dec 22, 2003
This one's a no-brainer. Tell yer broke bud that he can bring his trick (since she's paying) along, but y'all will be hitting the strip clubs and otherwise doing the guy thing, and he'll be off at the spa with his GF. You'll be on different vacations, no worries. Trust me, she might show up to one or two group events, but she'll get the message real quick - and she'll use that furball to control your bud. He won't be able to hang with the guys, but that's the problem when one is a gigalo and can't pay his own way.

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
Help him get a job... or spot him the cash...

The gf should not come at all... If in some way she does come with said bf make sure you blackmail her so that she doesnt squeal on all the other guys. I mean afterall you have to protect yourself.

Whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vega....