Israeli Soldiers Breaking The Silence on the Occupation of Palestine

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DrewSG3

Feb 7, 2005
The USSR is where now?

putin.jpg

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Last thing I want is a "fair fight". In survival, the idea is simple - better us alive than them...once a country abandons that concept you may as well dismantle it and send everyone to Uganda.
Do the Arabs give you bad gas and/or hemrhoids? Do they result in too much global warming?

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009

Damn. Israelis are saints.
Muslims killed eight of our children and we started two wars and killed several hundred thousand people over it. Israel loses 124 to continual attacks over 12 years and the Palestinians are still breathing?

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Muslims killed eight of our children and we started two wars and killed several hundred thousand people over it. Israel loses 124 to continual attacks over 12 years and the Palestinians are still breathing?
Completely different situations but you already knew that.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
First of all it is not the Muslim that killed. It is the Palestinians that kills the Israelis. Other wise it would be Muslim vs. Jews.

That said, things are bound to happens if you suppressed the people long enough, they will become angry and fight for their existence and freedom. If Israel is a democratic country, then why did Israel messed around with the democratically elected Palestinian government?

Shits are bound to happen on US soil soon or later, because the US meddle with every country that have oil. And, the US use the excuse just as Israel to wars/killing and stealing territories/natural resources.

IMHO, these messes that we are now in is because of the greed of a few people.

Screech

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
The USSR is where now?

A fair point, but russia as a country is still alive. There have been a couple people here (we all know who) who have been predicting some massive rising up of the world's powers to militarily take out israel's military capabilities because they are really angry or something silly which is what I was trying to respond to. Until this thread I didn't think anyone would assume nuclear winter would be the endgame. That said I figure that israel's current "strategy" won't last forever.

If the point is only that israel's government will change, this is obviously true -- the right wing loonies won't stay in power forever. (as evidenced by recent events here in the US -- but the lefties won't stay in power forever either).

And I think we should stop giving aid to israel; its not like they need it.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
America will always support Israel. For one thing, who do you think is going to be the U.S. proxy if it's decided that military action against Iran is the only viable way to stop Iran from developing nukes? For another thing, both the U.S. and Israel know that there can be no permanent peace between Israel and the Arab world until Israel's security/existence is absolutely guaranteed by all Arab states, by Iran, and by all major world powers. Clearly, that isn't going to happen any time soon.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
America will always support Israel. For one thing, who do you think is going to be the U.S. proxy if it's decided that military action against Iran is the only viable way to stop Iran from developing nukes? For another thing, both the U.S. and Israel know that there can be no permanent peace between Israel and the Arab world until Israel's security/existence is absolutely guaranteed by all Arab states, by Iran, and by all major world powers. Clearly, that isn't going to happen any time soon.
Or, ever will. People in that region have been killing each others for thousands of year....why stop now?

Oct 30, 2004
so, fast forward anywhere from 1 year, to 100 years down the road, when israeli support is completely dwindled, would they? use there nuclear arsenal against the entire planet in a last attempt to regain control? (that is what the people who aren't so shortsighted are starting to worry about)

Against the entire planet? Nah. Only against the Arab nations that tried to exterminate them.

Given the animalistic and violent culture of the Muslim religion, what I wonder, is, what happens when they do finally get their hands a nuclear weapon? Will they try to detonate one in the U.S. or another Western nation? Perhaps they'll draw the rest of the world into a war against them before they can force Israel to launch its nukes.

The Americans and the Soviets understood the concept of mutually assured destruction and deterrence, but these people are outright insane.

Last edited:

Nasu

Nov 19, 2012
This may interest some people, Miko Peled the son of Mattityahu Peled "a former Israeli Major general" talks about the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.

Miko Peled Seattle. Oct. 1, 2012
http://youtu.be/TOaxAckFCuQ

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
. For one thing, who do you think is going to be the U.S. proxy if it's decided that military action against Iran

Fool yourself in your continual mental slavery , the US is israel s proxy
and lackey and not the other way around.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Completely different situations but you already knew that.

Except for the fact that they're identical.
Try to keep up.

That said, things are bound to happens if you suppressed the people long enough, they will become angry and fight for their existence and freedom.

This was started by their murderous savagery. 60 years of murderous savagery ain't exactly saying that anything has changed.

The Palestinians cannot learn to live in peace, so Israel is justified in doing whatever is necessary to deal with their criminality.

Apr 27, 2012

Iran doesn't want to harm Israel, Amedhinajad is against the regime of Israel not the Jews. 25,000 Jews live in Iran and they live peacefully with the Muslims.

This idea that Iran wants to nuke Israel is a lie and propaganda, the US needs another war due to pulling out of Iraq and Iran is next

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
Except for the fact that they're identical.
Try to keep up.

This was started by their murderous savagery. 60 years of murderous savagery ain't exactly saying that anything has changed.

The Palestinians cannot learn to live in peace, so Israel is justified in doing whatever is necessary to deal with their criminality.
There will be no peace because you have taken their land and liberty is this so hard to comprehend? They live basically in a controlled enclosure like some animals and we are surprised that they lash out? Tell me Dominion if you were a Palestinian what would you do? You wouldn't fight for your country? Your freedom?

We didn't go into Afghanistan and just start settling there....totally different situations. We went in because of an attack. You can't take over another countries land and pretend like you were attacked for no reason. I thought us of all other countries would understand Palestines plight but I guess I was wrong.

History will look back at us and laugh as the biggest hypocrites in the world.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
There will be no peace because you have taken their land and liberty is this so hard to comprehend? They live basically in a controlled enclosure like some animals and we are surprised that they lash out? Tell me Dominion if you were a Palestinian what would you do? You wouldn't fight for your country? Your freedom?

We didn't go into Afghanistan and just start settling there....totally different situations. We went in because of an attack. You can't take over another countries land and pretend like you were attacked for no reason. I thought us of all other countries would understand Palestines plight but I guess I was wrong.

History will look back at us and laugh as the biggest hypocrites in the world.

So being attacked by an enemy who wants to exterminate you is a justifiable reason/requirement to roll over and surrender :confused:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Palestinians have every right to fight for their desired country.

And Israel has every right to defend itself.

Seems as that is where we are now and have been since '48

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
There will be no peace because you have taken their land and liberty is this so hard to comprehend? They live basically in a controlled enclosure like some animals and we are surprised that they lash out?

We put murderers in prison here in the US. If they stage a prison riot we don't let them out.

Tell me Dominion if you were a Palestinian what would you do? You wouldn't fight for your country? Your freedom?

I'd get along with the Israelis.
The Israelis have shown time and again that they're a civilized, peaceful people who will bend over backwards for the Palestinians. That's not enough for the Palestinians, though, who demand everything up to and including the right to commit genocide against the Jews. Funny that the Jews don't find this acceptable.

‘If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel’ – Benjamin Netanyahu

Oct 30, 2004

Why are the Hamas militants locating rocket launchers near civilian areas? Are they trying to get civilians killed so that they can wave around photos of dead children for political traction?

If you ask me, it's Hamas that's getting the innocent civilians killed.

Oct 30, 2004
There will be no peace because you have taken their land and liberty is this so hard to comprehend? They live basically in a controlled enclosure like some animals and we are surprised that they lash out? Tell me Dominion if you were a Palestinian what would you do? You wouldn't fight for your country? Your freedom

The irony is that if the Palestinians made peace with Israeli and welcomed and invited Israel rule and government, they would probably have more freedom, economic prosperity, and a higher quality of life than Muslims anywhere else in the world (outside of Western nations).

It's important to maintain context--these Palestinians and Muslims in general are not "rocket scientists". Are the Muslim-controlled nations better or even on par with Israel in terms of the amount of personal freedom offered to people? Would the Muslim culture promote and foster freedom and prosperity? (Remember, these people go batshit crazy whenever anyone draws a comic image of Mohammed.)

When you put that into context, you have to ask whether or not the Israelis ever took any liberty away from them. Was there any liberty in their culture and society to take away in the first place? Would you argue that people living under Taliban rule had liberty?

Have you read the novels The Haj and Exodus by Leon Uris? It's as close as you'll get to an accurate description of the Muslim mindset. Those novels are must-reads for anyone who wants to understand the situation.