Israeli Soldiers Admit To Deliberately Killing Civilians In Gaza

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: ZeGermans
just fyi qassam rockets probably do more damage to sidewalks than they ever have to civillians, but don't let this bother you in your moral equivalency debate of bottle rockets vs. white phosophorous

Originally posted by: kylebisme
You guys probably still believe Israel's lies about Hezbollah using human shields back in 2006, eh?

These have exactly what to do with the "discredited" OP?
They have to do with the absurdity of your dismissals. Mine in particular in referense to Israel's long standing policy of lying to defend it's war crimes.

For a little truth, see this report from our US Army War College

Hezbollah is often described as having used
civilians as shields in 2006, and, in fact, they made
extensive use of civilian homes as direct fire combat
positions and to conceal launchers for rocket fire into
Israel.90 Yet the villages Hezbollah used to anchor its
defensive system in southern Lebanon were largely
evacuated by the time Israeli ground forces crossed the
border on July 18. As a result, the key battlefields in the
land campaign south of the Litani River were mostly
devoid of civilians, and IDF participants consistently
report little or no meaningful intermingling of
Hezbollah fighters and noncombatants. Nor is there
any systematic reporting of Hezbollah using civilians
in the combat zone as shields. The fighting in southern
Lebanon was chiefly urban, in the built-up areas of
the small to medium-size villages and towns typical
of the region. But it was not significantly intermingled
with a civilian population that had fled by the time the
ground fighting began. Hezbollah made very effective
use of local cover and concealment (see below), but this
was obtained almost entirely from the terrain?both
natural and man-made.91

Also, back to the more current issue of Gaza, Israel violated humanitarian law in Gaza ? Israeli lawyer.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: ZeGermans
just fyi qassam rockets probably do more damage to sidewalks than they ever have to civillians, but don't let this bother you in your moral equivalency debate of bottle rockets vs. white phosophorous

You guys probably still believe Israel's lies about Hezbollah using human shields back in 2006, eh?

These have exactly what to do with the "discredited" OP?
They have to do with the absurdity of your dismissals. Mine in particular in referense to Israel's long standing policy of lying to defend it's war crimes.

For a little truth, see this report from our US Army War College

Hezbollah is often described as having used
civilians as shields in 2006, and, in fact, they made
extensive use of civilian homes as direct fire combat
positions and to conceal launchers for rocket fire into
Israel.90 Yet the villages Hezbollah used to anchor its
defensive system in southern Lebanon were largely
evacuated by the time Israeli ground forces crossed the
border on July 18. As a result, the key battlefields in the
land campaign south of the Litani River were mostly
devoid of civilians, and IDF participants consistently
report little or no meaningful intermingling of
Hezbollah fighters and noncombatants. Nor is there
any systematic reporting of Hezbollah using civilians
in the combat zone as shields. The fighting in southern
Lebanon was chiefly urban, in the built-up areas of
the small to medium-size villages and towns typical
of the region. But it was not significantly intermingled
with a civilian population that had fled by the time the
ground fighting began. Hezbollah made very effective
use of local cover and concealment (see below), but this
was obtained almost entirely from the terrain?both
natural and man-made.91

Also, back to the more current issue of Gaza, Israel violated humanitarian law in Gaza ? Israeli lawyer.

And again, what did any of that have to do with the "DISCREDITED" OP?

Your last link has nothing but the unsupported opinion of one guy who is asking for an "investigation". He has no real evidence so I don't know why you thought it important to post it here.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
The OP is about first hand testimony of war crimes, and the UN investigation substates such crimes.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
If you insist on pigeonholing the discussion, I suppose I'll play along:

Originally posted by: jpeyton
Text
One non-commissioned officer told Mr Zamir, himself a deputy battalion commander in the reserves, that the army ?fired a lot of rounds and killed a lot of people in order for us not to be injured or shot at.

"When we entered a house, we were supposed to bust down the door and start shooting inside and just go up storey by storey? I call that murder. Each storey, if we identify a person, we shoot them. I asked myself ? how is this reasonable?"
Please quote whatever you believe discredits that.

And please note that there is a reply button you can use instead if incessantly quoting what is posted directly above.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
If you insist on pigeonholing the discussion, I suppose I'll play along:

Originally posted by: jpeyton
Text
One non-commissioned officer told Mr Zamir, himself a deputy battalion commander in the reserves, that the army ?fired a lot of rounds and killed a lot of people in order for us not to be injured or shot at.

"When we entered a house, we were supposed to bust down the door and start shooting inside and just go up storey by storey? I call that murder. Each storey, if we identify a person, we shoot them. I asked myself ? how is this reasonable?"
Please quote whatever you believe discredits that.

And please note that there is a reply button you can use instead if incessantly quoting what is posted directly above.

And there is proof of this? Seems the other things stated have been shown to be false. Again, the OP has been "discredited" as it's yet again wildly inaccurate "reporting" things as facts without verification.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
You claims of discrediting aren't any more substituted than the testimonies reported, actually less so considering the reports from independent investigators.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Just looking at the bodycounts, it was clear protection of human life was simply not a priority in the incursions.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Originally posted by: Mani
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Just looking at the bodycounts, it was clear protection of human life was simply not a priority in the incursions.

It shouldn't have been.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
The only way to solve the "Palestine Problem" is to erradicate the Palestinians. Seems like the Israelis are accelerating towards end-game. The world community will tolerate this, just as they have tolerated everything else Israel has done. It's a gradual escalation of force and tactics. Add to that the fact that the Palestinians have been crying wolf for 20 years, using ridiculous propaganda campaigns and such, and the world just doesn't care that much.

I've had the good fortune to befriend several IDF officers at the Ft. Benning Infantry School, and they are very professional, hard-core soldiers. They are VERY passionate about defending their country.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Nebor
The only way to solve the "Palestine Problem" is to erradicate the Palestinians. Seems like the Israelis are accelerating towards end-game. The world community will tolerate this, just as they have tolerated everything else Israel has done. It's a gradual escalation of force and tactics. Add to that the fact that the Palestinians have been crying wolf for 20 years, using ridiculous propaganda campaigns and such, and the world just doesn't care that much.

I've had the good fortune to befriend several IDF officers at the Ft. Benning Infantry School, and they are very professional, hard-core soldiers. They are VERY passionate about defending their country.
Yes, that would represent the Final Solution.

I'm generally aligned with the Israelis for the reason that they do try to be somewhat humane and limit civilian casualties, but that's just :roll:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Why is this thread still open? It's clearly been "discredited". The propaganda spewers will find opinion pieces that opine that is should be looked into but no REAL, hard facts to suggest either of those incidents took place and we have an investigation that produced evidence these did not take place. I really don't care about the whole x vs y crap but the obvious propaganda like the OP is disgusting and now "DISCREDITED".

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: theflyingpig

It shouldn't have been.

Nice attitude. You realize that removes any moral high ground for the Israelis right?

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008

It shouldn't have been.

Nice attitude. You realize that removes any moral high ground for the Israelis right?

The moral high ground means absolutely nothing in the middle east. All that matters is who is dead and who is victorious. Everyone knows this.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

It shouldn't have been.

The moral high ground means absolutely nothing in the middle east. All that matters is who is dead and who is victorious. Everyone knows this.

You are part of the problem. You are trying to turn man into an animal.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

So would killing all the Israelis. But since you weren't carrying the golf clubs of any Palestinian soldiers they probably don't factor much in your opinion.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004

:roll:

So, a bunch of Europeans show up in Palestine 60 years ago, set up shop, and now the only solution is to kill all the NATIVES. Go ahead, all of you can call me an anti-Semite, but ISRAEL is the foreign body. Their "God-given right to return" after 2000 years of absence, which also included years of peaceful coexistence with the now Arab natives, is just as fucking absurd as the fundamentalist rhetoric that Jihadists use for murdering civilians. And on top of that, some Hasidic Jews that most "Jews" in Israel consider enemies of the state, clearly point out that Jews should have remained to live in peaceful coexistence with the natives until the return of the Messiah, as the Torah clearly instructs them. What of the hundreds of Arab villages that were razed so the State of Israel could be built? Do we just tell them all to piss off and forget about it?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124

:roll:

So, a bunch of Europeans show up in Palestine 60 years ago, set up shop, and now the only solution is to kill all the NATIVES. Go ahead, all of you can call me an anti-Semite, but ISRAEL is the foreign body. Their "God-given right to return" after 2000 years of absence, which also included years of peaceful coexistence with the now Arab natives, is just as fucking absurd as the fundamentalist rhetoric that Jihadists use for murdering civilians. And on top of that, some Hasidic Jews that most "Jews" in Israel consider enemies of the state, clearly point out that Jews should have remained to live in peaceful coexistence with the natives until the return of the Messiah, as the Torah clearly instructs them. What of the hundreds of Arab villages that were razed so the State of Israel could be built? Do we just tell them all to piss off and forget about it?

Replace 'Palestine' with 'Plymouth Rock' in your first sentence, and see where it leads.

I'm sure the Palestenians will do just as well as our natives do on their reservations.