Israeli Soldiers Admit To Deliberately Killing Civilians In Gaza

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Atheus
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: jpeyton
The source of the article is The Times UK, an established UK daily (some consider it the paper of record for the UK). Are you trying to question the validity of the information in the article?

Most papers and news sources from GB have been biased against Israel for decades!
So if it was me I would say Hell YES!!! I am going to question the validity of your source!

Did it ever occur to you that the reason Israel takes a lot of flak from our media is because they deserve it? Perhaps it is your own media which is biased? I know which has the most to gain that's for sure...

Did it ever occur to you that your media is biased........sad your so blind to the truth..

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: jonks
the goal of the IDF is to avoid murdering innocent people

LMAO!

begging your pardon, is it your contention that if the IDF wanted to exterminate palestinian civilians on a mass basis that they somehow lack the capability?

No, no of course not - they simply don't care about the civilians. The 'goal of the IDF' is fairly obviously to eliminate all resistance to the expansion of Israel.

your an idiot....
you can`t even back up your hyperbole with facts....
For example what country that wants to kill civilians actually warns the civilains ahead of time whre they are going to bomb..or attack...hmmmm

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Check out these t-shirts made for Israeli soldiers mocking the killing of Palestinian women and children.

A spokesman for the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) told Sky News Online, the t-shirts were printed on the private initiative of the soldiers and their designs "are not in accordance with IDF values and are simply tasteless. This type of humour is unacceptable and should be condemned".
Sounds like IDF soldiers have this idea ingrained in their head that Palestinian civilians are good for target practice.

I feel sorry for you jpeyton your kind needs to convenently leave out key words in order to achieve the desired result. Even if it means mis-representing the truth..or shall we call it lying!!

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
the goal of the IDF is to avoid murdering innocent people

LMAO!

begging your pardon, is it your contention that if the IDF wanted to exterminate palestinian civilians on a mass basis that they somehow lack the capability?

No, no of course not - they simply don't care about the civilians. The 'goal of the IDF' is fairly obviously to eliminate all resistance to the expansion of Israel.

your an idiot....
you can`t even back up your hyperbole with facts....
For example what country that wants to kill civilians actually warns the civilains ahead of time whre they are going to bomb..or attack...hmmmm

What use is a warning when the borders are closed and you have nowhere to go? What use is a warning when you have no money and no vehicle and your elderly parents are too ill to walk?

Besides, I didn't say they want to kill civilians - I'm sure most of them don't actively want to. They simply don't care one way or another. The statement I originally replied to was 'the goal of the IDF is to avoid murdering innocent people' which is completely incorrect. Their one and only goal is to win a war and I think you know that.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize
Obama personally approves the murder of civilians on Pakistani soil, what's the difference, other than one is an issue of domestic control and the other could be construed as an international act of war on a sovereign country?

Oh, I'm not expecting any (honest) response from the OP.

Does Obama personally approe of the murder of civilains.....
Do youhave a link or are you just being the village idiot?
Are you saying they (missile strikes) happen without his approval? He has relinquished his commander in chief status? He has delegated these approvals to somebody else?

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007
Obama personally approves the murder of civilians on Pakistani soil, what's the difference, other than one is an issue of domestic control and the other could be construed as an international act of war on a sovereign country?

Are you saying they (missile strikes) happen without his approval? He has relinquished his commander in chief status? He has delegated these approvals to somebody else?

Do you think Obama is deliberately telling the AF to hit civilians?

There's a difference between hitting a time sensitive military target that may result in civilian collateral casualties, and deliberately going after civilian people because they are considered "sub-human" because of their race and religion.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

actually you know better than to talk such nonesense!!
Obama did not call up the Israeli`s and say -- Hey good buddies I approve of you murdering civilains,,,,,you are way to funny!!

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Sacrilege

There's a difference between hitting a time sensitive military target that may result in civilian collateral casualties, and deliberately going after civilian people because they are considered "sub-human" because of their race and religion.

I think his point flew right over yours and JediYoda's head.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: JD50

No he has no poiint! His point that Obama approves of innocent being killed is fallacious and quite frankly assinine!!

Sacrilege

Sep 6, 2007

No hh has no poiint! HGis point that Obama approves of innocent being killed is fallacious and quite frankly assinine!!

And at the very least there is no evidence that Obama hopes civilians are killed, the way that right wing racist Israelis actively hope for the deaths of Palestinian civilians.

They have become that which they fight, Hamas.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

Obama is making the choice to kill civilians. He knows with the air strikes, civilians will be killed, period.

What's this - lefties are now arguing that collateral damage is OK when a democrat does it?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

No hh has no poiint! HGis point that Obama approves of innocent being killed is fallacious and quite frankly assinine!!
Of course he approves of their deaths. He knows full well that those strikes in Pakistan will kill innocent women and children. Are you saying otherwise?

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
What truce has Hamas offered - they have told Israel that they would no longer shell ISrael, but they would also not stop anyone that wished to.

I've called you on this lie before:

Originally posted by: TheSnowman
Here are some links which show Hamas did stop people who chose to attack Israel:

Hamas arrested two militants who fired cross-border rockets into southern Israel from the Gaza Strip on Thursday, in the first such detentions since the Islamists and Israel agreed a truce last month, militants said.

http://www.reuters.com/article...tCrisis/idUSL103182282

Hamas on Sunday arrested a spokesman for the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, in the wake of the militant group's claim of responsibility last week for Qassam rocket fire that threatened the truce in the Gaza Strip.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/997522.html

But obviously that didn't go so well for them.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

I would address the rest of your arguments, but I suppose you'll just duck out of this thread like you did that one regardless.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Wow, ok. While GWB was President the left yammered on about the US killing innocents in Iraq, and GWB being responsible for it. Shouldn't Obama be held to the same standard?

Also, he most certainly does approve of innocent civilians being killed, as has every other President. No one is saying that he's deliberately targeting civilians.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Wow, ok. While GWB was President the left yammered on about the US killing innocents in Iraq, and GWB being responsible for it. Shouldn't Obama be held to the same standard?

Also, he most certainly does approve of innocent civilians being killed, as has every other President. No one is saying that he's deliberately targeting civilians.

Again JD50 you are so stoopidly wrong.....there are quite a few of us who have not blamed GWB for murdering innocent civlains, in fact civilain casualties are just one of the trade offs you make in pursuing Hamas......
To out and out imply that everyone from the left accused GWB of approving the murdering of innocent civilians is again a very nieve and assinine accusation.

Now if you were to have said some of the people on the left, well there might be some truth, yet instead of being 100% truthful you chosae to use words that accuse everyone on the left......

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

Again JD50 you are so stoopidly wrong.....there are quite a few of us who have not blamed GWB for murdering innocent civlains, in fact civilain casualties are just one of the trade offs you make in pursuing Hamas......
To out and out imply that everyone from the left accused GWB of approving the murdering of innocent civilians is again a very nieve and assinine accusation.

Now if you were to have said some of the people on the left, well there might be some truth, yet instead of being 100% truthful you chosae to use words that accuse everyone on the left......

I did not say "everyone" on the left, I said "the left". I was speaking in generalities, I thought that most of the people here were intelligent enough to understand that I wasn't stating that every single person on the left behaves exactly the same. Maybe if I'd have used more punctuation you would've understood??!?!?!

Anyways, the original post from Alchemize was not directed towards you, it was directed towards jpeyton, you're the one that decided to respond to Alchemize. It's not my fault if you're too "stoopid" to get his point.

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
Of course he approves of their deaths. He knows full well that those strikes in Pakistan will kill innocent women and children. Are you saying otherwise?

lol.

General: Excuse me Mr. President, but the Joint Chiefs need your approval to slaughter women and children in Pakistan.
Obama: *leans back in chair and steeples fingers* Of course general, you have my blessing.
General: Thank you, Mr. President.
Obama: Oh, and general, make sure they are all innocent women and children.
General: Of course, Mr. President. We already have the lists made up as you requested.
Obama: Excellent.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

I did not say "everyone" on the left, I said "the left". I was speaking in generalities, I thought that most of the people here were intelligent enough to understand that I wasn't stating that every single person on the left behaves exactly the same. Maybe if I'd have used more punctuation you would've understood??!?!?!

Anyways, the original post from Alchemize was not directed towards you, it was directed towards jpeyton, you're the one that decided to respond to Alchemize. It's not my fault if you're too "stoopid" to get his point.

I did not say "everyone" on the left, I said "the left". -- yes and you meant what you said...the left!!
You didn`t say "Some" of the left....
You didn`t say "part" of the left....
You didn`t say "a certain segment' of the left...

You said the Left...as in all the left!!!

To be percise...Alchemize did not have a point.....the point was he thought he would be cool and insinuate that Obama approves of the women and children being killed. Whan I am 100% if asked he would say I do not approve.
Nowhere did he give his approval. Supporting Israel cannot be translated into Obama giving his approval....sheese...

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
I support downsizing government, including phasing out government sponsored welfare programs, am a strong proponent of the right to bear arms, and generally favor Republicans over democrats. That said, I've been blaming Bush for every last person who died in the invasion of Iraq since the moment it started to the moment he left office, civilian or otherwise. I suppose that puts me on the left in some people's book. :disgust:

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
Glad to see the truth finally coming out. I think the only way the Israeli government will reform their murderous ways is if their own citizens hear these horror stories

The horror stories of hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of rockets fired on their civilians by Hamas?

Get a grip :roll:

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
If you could widen your grasp you would find that here is a lot more going on that Hamas shooting their primitive rockets.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

I did not say "everyone" on the left, I said "the left". -- yes and you meant what you said...the left!!
You didn`t say "Some" of the left....
You didn`t say "part" of the left....
You didn`t say "a certain segment' of the left...

You said the Left...as in all the left!!!

To be percise...Alchemize did not have a point.....the point was he thought he would be cool and insinuate that Obama approves of the women and children being killed. Whan I am 100% if asked he would say I do not approve.
Nowhere did he give his approval. Supporting Israel cannot be translated into Obama giving his approval....sheese...

See the bold.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I didn't say anything about Israel, I said he personally approves women and children being killed in Pakistan. Is this not factually correct?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Investigate them, charge them, try them, and convict them or release them accordingly.

Until then, they're innocent...

... right Jpeyton?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Common Courtesy
What truce has Hamas offered - they have told Israel that they would no longer shell ISrael, but they would also not stop anyone that wished to.

I've called you on this lie before:

Here are some links which show Hamas did stop people who chose to attack Israel:

Hamas arrested two militants who fired cross-border rockets into southern Israel from the Gaza Strip on Thursday, in the first such detentions since the Islamists and Israel agreed a truce last month, militants said.

http://www.reuters.com/article...tCrisis/idUSL103182282

Hamas on Sunday arrested a spokesman for the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, in the wake of the militant group's claim of responsibility last week for Qassam rocket fire that threatened the truce in the Gaza Strip.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/997522.html

But obviously that didn't go so well for them.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

I would address the rest of your arguments, but I suppose you'll just duck out of this thread like you did that one regardless.
And how many rockets were launched during the 6 month truce in '08.

Hamas grabs a couple of players and ignores the rest.
In your second reference, they arrested a spokesman, not the people that did it.

When the rockets stop, the embargo will be relaxed. That is what ISrael stated.